|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 1 to Lead Practitioners range 5, £39,965 to £44,106|
Salary Grade Leadership Grade – L1 to L5
Closing Date 19th February 2020
Interview Date 26th February 2020
“The provision of care and guidance is a strength of the school. In particular, support for vulnerable pupils and those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities is highly effective and nurturing.” (Ofsted Inspection Report, May 2017)
Are you ready for a new challenge in a highly successful large primary academy in the heart of Peterborough?
Would you like to be part of a strong and effective Senior Leadership Team?
Are you an experienced and inspirational SENCO?
Are you committed to an ethos of inclusion and equity?
Do you want to challenge yourself and further develop your leadership skills?
If so, come and visit our academy and meet our wonderful children.
We are seeking to appoint, on a permanent basis, an enthusiastic and committed Assistant Principal to lead the Academy’s Inclusion/SEND provision. We seek to appoint an experienced SENCO who has a relentless drive for the highest of standards to join our passionate and hard-working team. We are looking for an individual who:
• Is an outstanding and inspirational leader of inclusion and special educational needs
• Holds a national award for SEND
• Can demonstrate up to date working knowledge of issues around inclusion and disadvantaged groups
• Is a highly effective class teacher, able to support others to develop their practice
• Can support and promote an inclusive culture throughout the academy, enabling all children to achieve their very best
• Can play a key role in our Senior Leadership Team and demonstrate a real commitment to our collaborative vision
• Can demonstrate outstanding impact on children’s learning and on teaching standards
• Can act as a highly professional role model and inspire, motivate and develop children, staff and our academy community
• Is an enthusiastic, flexible, hardworking team member who has a passion and desire to make a difference
As a member of our team we can offer you:
• Excellent professional development opportunities and longer term possibilities for career progression within and beyond the academy.
• Involvement in an established and growing academy trust
• A welcoming academy environment with well-behaved children who are confident and eager to learn
• A friendly staff team where colleagues share practice and learn from each other
• A state of the art new learning environment
• Potential recruitment allowance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an adventurous and forward thinking academy with some of the best outcomes in Peterborough, which is proud to be part of the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT).
For application and contact detail and to find out more about our school visit our website at www.westtownprimary.org,
Visits are warmly welcomed and members of our Senior Leadership Team would be delighted to discuss this position and show you around our academy. To arrange a tour or to discuss this exciting opportunity please contact our office manager Helen Buckley on 01733 852400, firstname.lastname@example.org
West Town Primary Academy and CMAT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
Understanding of data and analysis of progress
Understanding of the role and use of development and raising attainment plans
An excellent understanding of the needs and management of pupils with SEND
Ability to inspire, motivate and support staff and pupils
Ability to lead a team within the school
Ability to be a role model for staff and students
Willingness to share effective practice within the academy and within the academy trust
Enthusiasm for further personal development as a leader
Genuine belief in the potential of every student's ability to make outstanding progress regardless of starting point
Flexible and approachable. Able to deal sensitively with people
Incisive and clear strategic thinker
High expectations of pupils in terms of learning and behaviour
High professional standards
Willingness to offer a positive commitment to the life of the academy
Positive and enthusiastic approach towards work, solution focused approach
Good team player
Qualified teacher status
Postgraduate qualifications/National award for SEN
Evidence of appropriate professional development
Middle/senior leadership qualification
Essential skills and experience
Excellent communication skills
Is well organised
Has the ability to deal with parent queries effectively
Has interpersonal skills to support the effective development of their team and good practice
Ability to play a leading role within the academy
Evidence of outstanding teaching
Evidence of having responsibility for Inclusion or designated SENCO
Experience of raising the attainment of all pupils in a diverse and challenging classroom environment
Experience of using a range of strategies to build positive and nurturing relationships with pupils
Experience of safeguarding in a similar context either at DSL level or part of a school safeguarding team
Experience of best practice relating to supporting vulnerable groups
Experience of academy leadership at Assistant Principal level
|School size||400 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||West Town Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About West Town Primary Academy
Midland Road, Peterborough, PE3 6DD