Assistant Principal Positions x 3
The opportunity has arisen for three exceptional leaders to be appointed to the Academy Leadership Team of Wren Academy Finchley.
The successful candidates will play a leading role in securing the continued success of the school by ensuring that outstanding provision, throughout every aspect of the curriculum is maintained and enhanced when Wren Academy Enfield is planned to open in September 2020.
We wish to appoint colleagues to this post who have:
• Outstanding leadership skills;
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a significant middle leadership role;
• A strong teaching background with a track record of outstanding delivery at both GCSE and A Level;
• Evidence of ambition and a commitment to continuing professional development; and
• The desire to maximise the performance of all students and ensure the very best progress across the secondary phase.
Required for April, June or September, subject to agreement.
Essential educational requirements
Degree level qualification.
Candidates should have QTS status.
Essential skills and experience
Substantial experience as a Senior/Middle Leader.
• Children of colleagues working at Wren for over two years are given priority for a place in Reception or Year 7
• An exceptionally talented and mutually supportive staff team
• Talented, courteous and ambitious students
• Excellent professional development opportunities including support for programmes of further study and planned career development
• A pleasant and attractive working environment
• Free refreshments and a lunchtime allowance
• Timetabled professional development time during the school day
• Planning and evaluation time during the school day
About Wren Academy
Wren Academy Finchley is located in the London Borough of Barnet. It is the founder of the Wren Academies Trust, a MAT which is sponsored by the Church of England and Berkhamsted School. The Academy has developed a strong reputation for outstanding teaching and learning, as demonstrated by our Progress 8 figure, which places us in the top 65 schools nationally. We are an all-through school with a thriving sixth form and a primary phase which opened in September 2015. The engaging curriculum and state of the art buildings have contributed to the Academy’s notable success. There is also a strong focus on student well-being so that every individual is happy and secure to learn and thrive within a caring community. Wren is a MAT and plans are well advanced to create a new school in a neighbouring borough which will provide exciting professional development opportunities for all staff.
- Hilton Avenue, London, N12 9HB
- All Through
- Wren Academy website (opens in a new window)