We are looking to appoint an outstanding leader to join the leadership team of Leigh Academy Blackheath. The key purpose of the role of Assistant Principal - Post 16 is to;
- Communicate the school’s vision, and support the Headteacher’s strategic leadership
- Contribute to the day-to-day management of the school
- Establish policies for achieving the aims and objectives of the school, and manage staff and resources to that end
- Monitor progress towards the achievement of the school’s aims and objectives The Assistant Principal will also have a timetabled teaching commitment, complying with the Teachers’ Standards and modelling best practice for others.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join the committed and energetic teaching staff at LAB! We welcome applications from those who are flexible and committed to raising attainment and removing barriers, improving life chances of our young people.
We are looking for an experienced professional who can demonstrate strategic leadership and excellent management, and a proven track record of success in raising standards, preferably in a non-selective setting. You will also be the IBDP Coordinator in which you will lead and develop the post-16 academic curriculum that we offer.
You will be expected to play a key role in developing the strategic vision for LAB even further whilst ensuring that our students develop their potential, achieve academic excellence and develop our core values. The successful applicant will be a key member of the senior leadership team, with a specific area of whole school responsibility to complement the P16 focus, that will both develop and complement your existing skills and interests and will model our human scale approach to education by driving our small schools philosophy. The successful candidate will work closely with the Deputy Principal and Principal and will have management responsibilities for key subject areas.
We wish to hear from you if you are committed to changing our education world and are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at secondary level;
- a motivational and inspirational leader with high expectations of staff;
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school;
- able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance;
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success;
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders;
- have recent experience of the International Baccalaureate Diploma and Careers related programmes, although this is not essential.
At LAB, we pride ourselves on our excellent relationships between pupils and teachers and our strong ethos of sharing successes and celebrating achievement. We wish to appoint an outstanding leader who will inspire and enthuse a team of teachers as we continue on our P16 journey and lead us to achieve outstanding results and develop well rounded, ambitious lifelong learners. We require an ambitious, determined and committed individual who will ensure that our pupils achieve at the very highest levels. The successful applicant will drive academy standards in teaching and learning, attainment and progression. Significant focus will be placed on tracking attainment and progress at KS4 to ensure students progress smoothly onto our P16 courses.
Naturally, we are seeking to appoint the best possible candidate and therefore the application process will reflect our desire to undertake all necessary measures to achieve this.
On the basis that interested candidates may be keen to visit the academy before making a formal application, you can arrange this by contacting Helaina English (Office Manager and PA) - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates wishing to have an initial conversation with the Principal about this role can also arrange for a telephone call. Those wishing to do so should also contact Helaina English (as above) in the first instance.
If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information, please contact Charlotte Herberts(LAT Talent Team) email@example.com.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.
This job post has expired.