Assistant Principal: SENCO
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
20 March 2023 at 11:59pm
6 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- L4-L19 (London Fringe)
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Do you have experience supporting students with SEN? Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is seeking to appoint an exceptional, experienced qualified teacher as Assistant Principal and SENCO.
- University graduate (Good Honours degree)
- Postgraduate teaching qualification
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development relevant to the SENCO role or willingness to undertake this training.
Knowledge and Understanding of the Curriculum
- Knowledge and understanding of national priorities, current curriculum development and an ability to design and implement an innovate curriculum based on students' needs
- A thorough understanding of quality assurance techniques
- An appreciation of student motivation
- An understanding of how professional development contributes to the raising of quality
- SEN experience in a secondary school
- Evidence of successful teaching experience
- Evidence of pastoral experience
- Experience of working with key stakeholders such as parents, governors, employers etc
What the school offers its staff
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is an outstanding school with an excellent reputation. It is an oversubscribed 11-18 school where staff are supported to become the best through an investment in excellent professional development.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
- To ensure that Academy practice is compliant with the SEND Code of Practice (2014) and other relevant statutory requirements.
- To work with the Academy Leadership team ensuring an ethos of Inclusion within the Academy and a culture of high aspirations for students with SEND.
- To work with the Academy Leadership team ensuring the implementation of the Academy SEND Policy.
- To ensure that the provision of SEND support is in accordance with the aims of the Academy and the curricular policies determined by theGoverning Body and Principal of the Academy.
- To be responsible for maintaining the Academy's SEND Profile, ensuring that it is always up-to-date and is an accurate picture of student SEND need across the Academy.
- To be responsible for the accurate identification of SEND need across the Academy, ensuring a rigorous and thorough assessment process.
- To be a role model with regard to Quality First Teaching and differentiation within your own teaching practice.
- To be responsible for the embedding of Quality First Teaching across the Academy.
- To be responsible for the Academy SEND Offer, ensuring high quality targeted interventions enabling students with SEND to make better progress.
- In consultation with the Academy Leadership Team, to provide a programme of professional development with regard to SEND, that ensures all staff have the knowledge, skills and understanding to plan teaching and learning effectively and enable students with SEND to make expected progress.
- To be responsible for tracking the progress of students with SEND, using a wide range of Academy data relating to progress, attainment, referrals, exclusions, detentions and attendance to identify barriers to learning.
- To deploy staff and resources according to the needs of SEND students.
- To write a termly report to the Governing body on progress and developments.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Harris Academy Chafford Hundred
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1454 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01375 484 580
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ 11-19 academy with a very strong reputation in the local community. With values of ‘Excel, Exceed and Explore’, the academy is a school for the future, preparing students for success through personalised learning, and improving continuously in every aspect of delivery.
Similar jobs nearby
Goffs Lane, Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, EN7 5QW
Harris Academy Battersea
401 Battersea Park Road, London, SW11 5AP
Wren Academy Enfield
3 Chace Village Road, Enfield, EN2 8GH
Assistant Headteacher - Safeguarding
The King John School
Shipwrights Drive, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 1RQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock