Snowfields Academy has a truly exciting and rare opportunity for a talented SEN practitioner to join us in the role ofAssistant Principalfrom January 2023. The appointment is a crucial element of our academy’s journey. We are seeking an individual who is looking to use their energy and vision to make a real impact, contributing to and driving our school to achieve over and above its successes to date. This is a great opportunity within a group of highly successful and collaborative academies to lead the personal and academic development of our students and contribute to a much wider community of schools. Opportunities like this are rare, so use this chance to join our truly fantastic special school and ensure students are fully prepared for their future destinations.
This role would suit an existing Assistant Principal or senior/ middle leader who has a proven record as a highly effective teacher. You will have held positions of responsibility that have made a tangible difference to your own school/ academy and must be able to offer the knowledge, skills and understanding to co-develop and implement a truly outstanding and aspirational offer to our students.
You’ll be looking to develop a long-term career within one of the most successful multi-academy trusts. We welcome applications from secondary practitioners with experience in an SEN setting but particularly those who have experience of leadership within secondary and have experience of curriculum design and implementation,
Our successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate that the safeguarding of our students is a natural part of their core daily business
- Have a relentless drive and desire to continuously improve the Academy and significantly contribute to Snowfields Academy’s growth
- Be a fellow guardian of staff well-being across the Academy
- Bring to life both our Vision and our annual LAT Academy
- Performance Agreement
- Deliver the core elements of the role working collaboratively with the Vice Principal
- Have an excellent understanding of SEN and in particular ASD students and their needs
- Be an authentic member of the Senior Leadership Team one that engenders the respect of others
- Be able to act in a selfless and collegiate manner particularly in relation to carrying out actions that benefit the academy across both campuses
- Have the capacity to make the very best decisions for the good of the whole academy
- Bring healthy alternative, well thought through views to Senior Leadership Team discussions
We wish to hear from you if you really want to change our education world and are:
- Currently an Assistant Principal or senior/middle leader ready for the next step in your career
- A resilient, energetic and ambitious school leader, ideally with a track record of success in an ASD setting
- A motivational and inspirational leader with the highest expectations of staff and students
- Clear potential to take up further leadership posts in the future
- Confident and able to communicate a clear vision for your phase
- Able to develop students to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance
- Approachable and keen to work with staff across the academy and Trust to ensure wide success
- Able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders
- An effective coach of all staff within the academy and able to be an effective public ambassador for Snowfields Academy and LAT
- Someone who values bespoke professional and personal development
For our successful candidate, being a member of staff at Snowfields Academy and the wider Trust means you’ll receive access to a great range of employment benefits from day one. Click here to view the current benefits package, and be mindful that the list is always growing.
This job post has expired.