6 days remaining to apply
Start date details
As soon as possible
5 June 2023 at 9am
5 May 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours a week, Term Time Only plus 1 week
- NJC 19-23 £24,423 - £26,788 (actual pay)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Good standard of education especially with regard to literacy and numeracy skills.
- Previous experience in an education environment
- Experience of working with students, parents and professionals
- Experience of training and knowledge in relation to the code of practice
- Experience and understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Ability to build and form good relationships with students, parents/carers and colleagues
- Good verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with colleagues, students, parents/carers and other professionals
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to use basic ICT packages and equipment effectively
- Ability to absorb and understand a wide range of information
- Basic understanding of child development and learning principles
- Good working knowledge of behaviour management strategies
- Good understanding and experience of effective strategies and interventions to support pupils with SEND
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 or 4 for Teaching Assistants, a teaching qualification, degree or equivalent
- Experience of managing staff
- Understanding of National and Local Policies for SEND
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities, including own
- Working knowledge of national curriculum and other basic learning programmes / strategies
- Working knowledge of relevant policies and procedures, and awareness of relevant legislation
What the school offers its staff
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
Spencer Academies Trust is a Disability Confident Committed Employer
Arnold Hill Academy are seeking to appoint a part time, permanent Learning Support Assistant who will be part of a strong and experienced LS team.
This is a responsible role, which will make an important contribution to the school’s Inclusion Team. We are looking for staff with experience and enthusiasm to work with pupils with a range of special needs and disabilities including autism, social, emotional and mental health difficulties or literacy/numeracy difficulties. Experience in any of the following areas would be advantageous - exam access arrangements; mentoring; coaching; sports background; strengths in maths/science/English. You will need to be able to work flexibly to meet the changing needs of pupils. You will be joining a forward looking and dynamic team which is warm and friendly, but which has high expectations of everyone.
SAT is an educational charity, Multi-Academy Trust and Sponsor of Academies. We have approaching 18000 children and young people in our academies and employ more than 2200 teachers, leaders and educational support professionals across the East Midlands. We aspire to be a leading regional high performing Trust, with a national reputation for excellence.
Further details about the role
Arnold Hill Spencer Academy are seeking to appoint a full time, permanent Assistant SENCO who will be part of a strong and experienced Learning Support Team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about inclusion and improving outcomes for students with additional needs, and can establish a quick rapport with staff, students and parents.
The Assistant SENCO will be responsible for the day to day running of the Inclusion Support Unit under the leadership and supervision of the SENCO and Deputy SENCO.
The post involves coordinating and delivering support and interventions for pupils with a range of special educational needs and disabilities, in particular pupils with autism and social emotional and mental health difficulties (including ADHD, attachment issues, anxiety.)
It is a perfect role for someone looking for a really interesting and rewarding job with massive opportunities for making a difference. If this sounds like the right role for you then do not hesitate to apply now and one of our specialist team will review your application and discuss details of the role.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Arnold Hill Spencer Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1548 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Arnold Hill Spencer Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arnold Hill Spencer Academy is a special place to learn and work. Our students are impressive young people, whose behaviour and achievements are something to be proud of. Our aim is for all members of the community to “Be inspired and achieve together” and to provide opportunities for this on a daily basis. We teach our students the value of respect, how to act responsibly and support them to become mature, independent young people. We very much believe in the potential of every student, enabling them to thrive in our caring environment. We are a member of the Spencer Academies Trust and benefit from the support of an established trust. To find out more about The Spencer Academies Trust, please visit www.satrust.com
Arranging a visit to Arnold Hill Spencer Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo)
Alderman White School
Chilwell Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG9 3DU
Assistant Vice Principal. SENDCo
Common Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG20 8QF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Nottingham