Assistant Subject Lead - Physics
All Saints RC School, York, North Yorkshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Physics, Biology, Chemistry|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,371 to £40,489|
The governors of this highly successful and oversubscribed school seek to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and dynamic Assistant Subject Leader with responsibility for Physics. We are looking for a talented classroom practitioner who can teach science at KS3, KS4 and has a thorough knowledge of physics at KS5 to lead within a dedicated and successful team and work in a friendly and welcoming school with high academic standards. Science is a popular and high performing subject at All Saints RC School and our uptake at ‘A’ level is extremely strong.
Applications are welcome from teachers experienced in Physics at all key stages who have a desire to motivate students and impact positively on their progress. We are committed to your on-going professional development and you can expect to benefit from a high-quality CPD programme. All Saints is a teaching school and therefore provides an excellent environment for those teachers who are ambitious and excited by the exposure to innovative research-based teaching and learning.
All Saints is an RC 11-18 Mixed Comprehensive serving York and the surrounding community. It is envisaged that school will join the St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Academy Trust in the near future and we expect this to provide further opportunities for career development.
The school has a very positive learning culture; our Ofsted report (2016) graded the school as outstanding.
Essential educational requirements
A good Honours Graduate with a record of continuing professional development.
• A Physics degree
• Qualified teacher Status, or working towards
• Ability to teach Science to KS4
• Ability to teach Physics A level
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of successful experience/teaching practice as a classroom teacher of Science
• To have knowledge of and confidence in the use of pupil performance data.
• To have a good understanding of Science, both its teaching and assessment.
• Understanding of strategies to raise achievement across all Key Stages.
• To have a good knowledge of current educational issues and initiatives.
• Ability to make lessons active, lively and focussed on pupil needs.
• To be able to work with other adults both inside and outside of the classroom.
• To be able to set clear objectives and targets for pupils, developing teaching sequences that show an ability to meet pupils’ academic needs.
• To be able to use positive behaviour management systems to ensure pupils’ behaviour is conducive to learning.
|School type||LA Maintained School, Roman Catholic|
|School size||1335 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||All Saints RC School website (opens in a new window)|
Mill Mount Lane, York, North Yorkshire, YO24 1BJ