Assistant Subject Leader of English
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
27 March 2023 at 9am
3 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0 FTE
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A strong, ambitious, and intelligent team player who is passionate about their subjectand in supporting young people to enjoyand succeed through the study of English.
- Aninnovative, resilient, creative and motivatedprofessional with an uncompromisingbelief that all children deserve anoutstanding education.
- A well-informed subject expert who is up to date with the latest researchdevelopments in their subject with an excellent understanding of curriculum design and effective pedagogical approaches.
- A respected teacher who sets the highest of standards for student behaviour and focus.
- An organised, reliable colleague who is committed to working with staff and studentsto help them achieve.
What the school offers its staff
- Excellent and positive student engagement in lessons supported by strong pastoralsystem
- An exceptional CPD programme which is research led, valuable and bespoke
- A growing school with incredible opportunities to develop, be promoted and take on further responsibility
- Allocated 16.7% for PPA per week for main scale teachers, giving more time for planning, preparation and assessment.
- Additional time is allocated for staff with a responsibility.
- A sensible approach to feedback based on a diet of whole class feedback, peer and self-assessment. No more marking for the sake of it.
- No implementation of gimmick teaching ideas, only evidence-based research that drives improvement and further innovation is adopted.
- A Staff Wellbeing group that regularly reviews our approach to workload and operates a wellbeing policy.
- All staff have access to counselling, mental health support, physio and virtual GPs.
- A highly experienced, visible, and supportive Senior and Middle Leadership Team
- A sensible approach to everything that we do, taking staff workload into consideration.
Further details about the role
This post expects the successful candidate to safeguard the welfare of CYP and uphold your professional responsibility.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK-either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cockburn School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1255 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Cockburn School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Cockburn School is an inclusive community comprehensive school whose focus on each individual, acknowledging both their rights and responsibilities. Cockburn School is now judged as Outstanding in ALL areas by Ofsted in February 2022. A strong care, support guidance structure underpins a curriculum that seeks to develop the potential of every student. Academic rigour valued at all stages we strive create learning experiences provide challenge, engagement achievement. Our vision opportunities within beyond enable student so they become confident, independent successful citizens. We seek widen aspirations students, help them reach destinations are attainable fulfilling. have high expectations academic success personal behaviour believe these best achieved in caring environment. promote respect good manners; fundamental our community. recognise importance individual place local specialism enables students more interested involved arts, as part extended schools programme. ethos involves developing students’ enjoyment participation building self-confidence self-esteem creative abilities which often leads lifelong arts related activities. many see performances exhibitions. work raise attainment quality teaching chosen subjects for ways use new technologies improve whole curriculum. equality opportunity celebrating kinds. aim by creative, reflective learners. Arranging visit Contact 0113 2719962 location Parkside, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5TT If candidates wish please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arranging a visit to Cockburn School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Leeds City Academy
Bedford Field, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 2LG
Deputy Director of Learning - Raising Standards in English KS4 Lead
Whitcliffe Mount, A Share Academy
Turnsteads Avenue, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 3AQ
Director of Learning - English
Eden Boys' Leadership Academy, Bradford
Syedna Way, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 9AR
Assistant Subject Leader of English, Responsible for KS3
Wordsworth Avenue, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S5 8NH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire