Assistant Subject Leader Science
ASSISTANT SUBJECT LEADER SCIENCE
TPR + TLR2B £4531
We are looking for a committed and inspirational Assistant Subject Leader for Science who will relish the opportunity to drive curriculum planning, support the tracking of data and interventions and the development of teaching and learning in the department.
Are you passionate about Science, teaching, and learning? You will have strong subject knowledge, together with an enthusiasm for team work and collaboration. The ability to teach A Level Physics would be an advantage.
Do you want to teach Science in a school where our core purpose is learning and teaching? We are looking to appoint a dedicated, ambitious teacher who can enthuse, motivate and empower children, to help them make the best progress possible. This is central to everything that we do. At all times we aspire to our motto ‘be the best that you can be’.
We have a new state-of-the-art building and this has given us a fresh boost, in an environment that is truly fit-for-purpose. We have above average progress scores at both GCSE and A Level in 2018. This is both a challenging and exciting time to be working at Plantsbrook School.
For further details and application form visit our website
Plantsbrook Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note successful candidates for all Plantsbrook Learning Trust vacancies will be requested to apply for Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, although a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining the position.
Closing Date: Thursday 16 May 2019
Essential educational requirements
A Levels or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
1. Be an excellent teacher.
2. Have good classroom management skills and be able to help other departmental colleagues if needed.
3. Be committed to teamwork as a style of management, both within the department and within the school.
4. See your subject as being part of a wider picture which includes the whole curriculum.
5. Be committed to improving student achievement, including monitoring attainment, target setting and mentoring underachievers.
6. Be an efficient administrator.
7. Be committed to staff development and training, including performance management.
8. Be committed to equal opportunities and success for everyone in a comprehensive school.
9. Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
10. Be committed to the concept of the school at the heart of the community.
HEALTH AND WELLBEING
• Termly staff surveys and staff welfare meetings take place to
obtain feedback. Actions taken: Policies adapted to reduce
workload e.g. marking, appraisal and reporting
The School’s Employee Assistance Programme is BHSF Connect.
BHSF Connect is a mobile solution that extends beyond the workplace, providing you with 24/7 access to a range of health and wellbeing services, as well as discounted gym membership.
BHSF Connect also provides access to an online voluntary discounts
platform providing a range of offers and discounts from well-known
retailers and high-street brands e.g. Marks and Spencer’s, Boots,
Argos and B & Q.
BHSF HEALTH SCHEME
Staff can volunteer to pay into the BHSF health cash plan which is
designed to take the financial burden out of looking after your health.
As an employee, you benefit from corporate rates, which
are approximately 30% lower than direct premiums. Premiums
can be deducted directly from your salary and start from £7.63
per month or £13.65 per month for a family membership.
TAX-FREE BIKES FOR WORK – CYCLE SCHEME
Plantsbrook is part of the Cycle Scheme which means you are able
to sign up to the scheme in order to obtain bicycles and safety
equipment whilst saving income tax and national insurance.
You can obtain a bicycle and safety equipment up to a limit of £1000.
The scheme works by having the bike and equipment cost taken from
your gross salary. Hence, you can spread the cost of a new bike over
either 12 or 18 months.
OTHER STAFF BENEFITS
• Open door policy to access Senior Leadership support
• A supportive Special Leave Policy
• Free tea and coffee provided at break time
• Free refreshments and sandwiches provided for all staff
attending Parents’ Evening
• No expectation of answering email outside school hours
• Teachers receive extra time for PPA
• Flexible working supported wherever possible
• Free car parking
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Outstanding NQT support - comprehensive professional
development programme with support readily available from
your mentor, NQT Co-ordinator and Senior Leadership Team
• High quality training, development and opportunities to help
you develop, grow and learn throughout your career
• CPD tailored specifically to staff needs, based on feedback
• Opportunity to network and share good practice via our
About Plantsbrook School
- Upper Holland Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B72 1RB
- Plantsbrook School website (opens in a new window)