- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
- Contract type
- £20092 - £22183 (starting salary £14519.30 gross pa)
We are searching for a part-time Assistant Teacher to join us as soon as possible on a permanent basis.
Please note that you do not need Qualified Teacher Status to do this role.
We are looking for:
An individual to help sustain high standards of achievement by covering classes when teachers are absent, ensuring that students work at set tasks. You will also be required to work with teachers and students in a variety of settings.
SALARY: £20092.00 to £22183.00 pro rata for part-time, term-time (£10.41 - £11.50 per hour). Equates to a starting salary of £14519.30 gross pa for 31.33 hours.
HOURS: Up to 31 hours and 20 minutes (31.33) per week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 3.20pm and Friday 8.30am to 3.00pm. Consideration will be given to a different number of hours or working pattern within the above, to suit the school and individual.
We offer you:
• An Outstanding School in all areas as judged by Ofsted in November 2021.
• A vibrant school with outstanding facilities.
• Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
• An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as Outstanding.
• Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
• Opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities and social gatherings.
• A focus on well-being for all staff and students.
• Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a Sixth Form of 570) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Closing date: Sunday 23 January 2022
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school by our students so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed. If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255 or email email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1911 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About St Bartholomew's School
St. Bartholomew's School was founded in 1466 and is proud of its ancient tradition. It is now an 11-18 comprehensive school of over 1900 students with a Sixth Form of 570 serving Newbury and a wide area of West Berkshire and the Hampshire/Wiltshire borders, with outstanding facilities.
The school prides itself on its academic success and student progress is outstanding with the average progress score for the last 4 years being 0.63. This puts St Bartholomew’s in the top 8% of schools nationally which we are very proud of. A level results are in line with national averages.
Teaching at St Bartholomew’s School is a rewarding experience. Our students are eager to learn, well behaved and proud of their school, and this was reflected in our last Ofsted inspection (November 2021) in which the school was judged as Outstanding in all areas. As a school we are committed to ensuring that all the students and staff realise their full potential. Students leave the school as good citizens and this is underpinned by an exceptional house system and a vast range of extra curricular activities.
The professional development of staff is a significant factor in ensuring that we achieve our aim of improving on our previous best and there are rich professional development opportunities at St Bartholomew’s (see CPD offer on our website under Job Opportunities) at all levels. Our induction and ECT programme for new staff is supportive and thorough and coaching is available for all staff across the school upon request.