Assistant Year Leader
This job expired on 25 May 2022 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2022
25 May 2022 at 9am
20 May 2022
- View all Biologyjobs, View all Chemistryjobs, View all Design and technologyjobs, View all Food Technologyjobs, View all Mathematicsjobs, View all Physical educationjobs, View all Physicsjobs, View all Sciencejobs
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPS or UPS
TLR 2A £2873
Assistant Year Leader job summary
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Thurston Community College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1578 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thurston Community College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Who are we?
Thurston Community College is a large popular mixed comprehensive school. It comprises of two distinct and specialist sites. Our Thurston Campus, for students from Year 7 to Year 11 is situated four miles east of Bury St Edmunds. Thurston Sixth; Beyton Campus is located in the nearby village of Beyton, offering a bespoke centre of excellence for students in Year 12 and Year 13. Both locations provide an exciting, dynamic learning environment, where students display a positive attitude to learning and make good progress.
We are a school that boasts a strong sense of community and prides itself on its culture of high expectations and values. The wellbeing and education of every young person is fundamental to us. We work hard to provide a safe and happy environment within which every student can grow and achieve personal, social and academic success. We are proud of our inclusive approach and strive to ensure learning is enjoyable and seen as a lifelong process.
Our purpose is simple; to inspire a love of learning, empower our college community with the knowledge and skills to help them make meaningful choices and contribute positively to the world in which we live
To achieve excellence in all aspects of school life.
A new Principal was appointed in September 2021 and together with the Governing Body has set an exciting and aspirational vision for the College over the next five years.
What we can offer?
Our staff are our biggest asset, and the success of our students depends upon them. A few things we offer are:
● A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff
● For early careers teachers we can offer a start date of 1 July 2022, giving you the opportunity to embed yourself within the College community before the next academic year begins.
● A supportive, open and approachable leadership team
● Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
● On-site parking
● Employee Assistance Programme
● Free tea, coffee and biscuits!
Similar jobs nearby
Stradbroke High School
Wilby Road, Eye, Suffolk, IP21 5JN
Bury St Edmunds County High School
Beetons Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP32 6RF
Samuel Ward Academy
Chalkstone Way, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 0LD
Head of Sport and Performing Arts
The Ramsey Academy, Halstead
Colne Road, Halstead, Essex, CO9 2HR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Suffolk