We have an exciting vacancy for an Associate Leader for English and Literacy to join us at The Portsmouth Academy.
As Associate Leader you will lead on the quality of provision in English and Literacy in the Academy. You will share responsibility for senior leadership and management for the Academy ensuring continual improvement and high quality, engaging and fulfilling cognitive education for all students.
You will support the academy to continue to develop an ethos of high expectations for staff and students
The Associate Leader will share responsibility for senior leadership and management for the Academy ensuring continual improvement and high quality, engaging and fulfilling cognitive education for all students that leads to excellent outcomes.
The Associate Leader will:
For a full list of roles and responsibilities please view the attached job description.
- Have experience of working with senior teams to create a productive learning environment which is engaging and fulfilling for all students and staff reflecting the identity of the School;
- Have strong leadership skills, demonstrated through the development of high performing teams
- Establish with the Principal and Vice-Principal a culture that promotes excellence, quality and high expectations of all students and staff whilst actively addressing under performance;
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of both cognitive theory as well as practical strategies to develop and sustain thinking skills and tools;
- Provide professional leadership and management of the English and Literacy policy and practices across the school;
- Create and lead the school’s Reading Strategy including: the regular monitoring of reading age data, the management and monitoring of reading intervention, overseeing the leadership of the school library and the provision of a reading culture, embedding disciplinary reading across the school and securing the use of Microsoft Reading Progress as part of our whole school home learning strategy- providing regular reports to the AP on the progress of the Reading Strategy;
- Work with others and be responsible to the Principal and Vice-Principal for evaluating the academy’s performance including identifying the priorities for continuous improvement and the raising of standards; ensuring equality of opportunity for all;
- Report to the Vice- Principal to demonstrate that English and Literacy performance are impacting on whole school improvement.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.