|Working pattern||Full-time only|
Do you want to work at a school that really makes a difference to children’s lives? To be part of a school with very small class sizes, where trust and human relationships are central to all that we do? To belong to a school where the curriculum is built for each individual child and children are made to feel safe and valued? To be challenged and feel a sense of fulfilment every day? To inspire a small group of SEMH students and to be inspired?
If this sounds like the place for you then come and join us at Coritani Academy.
We are looking for someone who:
• is passionate about making sure the most vulnerable students succeed in life
• believes all students can succeed given a safe and nurturing environment
• believes in a small school approach with the use of empathy and unconditional positive regard for all
• is a champion of diversity
• wants the most vulnerable students to receive the best quality curriculum and teaching and learning
• can develop close partnerships with students and parents
• puts student voice at the heart of development
• is positive with students and staff despite any challenges or adversity
• believes in restorative practice over sanctions
• wants to work as part of a small but talented team
• wants to develop themselves professionally with the CPD support of a wider trust team and Teaching School Alliances
• is capable of delivering differentiated learning to very small groups
• Is flexible in their approach to the delivery of an inspiring curriculum
• is an outstanding teacher
• is an exceptional school leader with a proven track record of making a difference
• inspires success in staff and students
Applying for the job
Please complete the IET application form at : https://isleeducationtrust.co.uk/IET/vacancies/vacancies.php
and return to email@example.com
|School size||Up to 20 pupils|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Coritani Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Coritani Academy
Coritani Academy is a small setting that offers academic qualifications to students who may find learning difficult in mainstream school. We deliver a learning experience for students that is truly unique and tailored to the needs of the individual child. Our staff are open and caring and have a passion and desire to ensure that students achieve excellent outcomes at the end of their time with us.
The Academy offers a safe and welcoming environment for students. Low admission numbers mean that we can offer one to one and small group learning that is truly matched to individual need. Class sizes at the Academy are a maximum of 8 students at Key stage 3 /4 and a maximum of 5 at Key stage 2.
Our belief is that students will thrive when they feel safe and supported within their surroundings and once we have this right the best start in life we can give them is a good set of academic results.
We are extending the Academy from Autumn 2020 to include Key Stage 2 provision. Building on the phenomenal success of the Key Stage 3- 5 provision.
Arranging a visit to Coritani Academy
Please contact the email address or call 01724 278668.
Henderson Avenue, Scunthorpe, DN15 7RW