Nishkam Schools are Sikh ethos multi-faith schools that take a distinctive approach to many traditional faith schools. We are committed to academic excellence grounded in a selfless approach to life (nishkam).
The Sikh dharam (faith or religious responsibility) is emphatic in respecting all faiths and not seeking converts, maximising our contribution towards a cohesive society. It has a unique multi-faith ethos and the School will reflect this by positively nurturing children of all faiths and those of no particular belief. Worshipping collectively and within specific faith groups is an innovative characteristic of the Schools, as children learn from faith, not just about faith.
Nishkam Schools aim to nurture lifelong learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and compassionate contributors to society. We have, as a trust, grown and have become a family of teachers and students that have the same attitude, respect and love for becoming better human beings and improving our minds and hearts to make a difference in our homes, community and the wider world. If global is local then we are here to show our neighbours that we can all work together and improve not only our education in learning and teaching but our life experience to become selfless humble individuals.
We believe that to build strong communities and responsible citizens, our efforts must go beyond our current standard models of education and encompass a holistic approach. We believe that faith-based organisations have a significant role to play as part of the wider community; the heritage they draw upon illuminates some of the deeper quests for meaning and value in human life, going onto inspire a new vision and greater responsibility in our endeavours. We believe that our faith-inspired virtues define the character of education and that they should be intrinsic to a positive outlook on life. Virtues are awakened and strengthened in us when they are practised in front of us every day. At the Schools, we work to ensure both our educators and learners are instinctively exercising virtues in every thought, decision and action.
“All the world is my school and all humanity my teacher”, George Whitman. We are improving, developing and finding innovative ways to bring a new way of education to the world. The first multi-faith trust in the country showing the way forward to all that we can share our common values to strive for excellence.
We thank you for considering joining us on this journey and look forward to receiving your application.
Are you a dedicated, enthusiastic person who is excited about the prospect of shaping the future of a growing school? Do you want to join a school rated Good with Outstanding features under the new Ofsted framework? https://www.nishkamschooltrust.org/npsw/page/?title=Inspection+reports&pid=340
Have you the vision, commitment and drive to help us continue to develop and deliver the best provision for every child? Why not visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/nishkamprimarywolves or our website https://www.nishkamschooltrust.org/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=86 to find out more about us.
The core of a Nishkam education is the triple pursuit of academic excellence, creating a community that supports children throughout their lives and nurturing a strong values-led approach to life.
Our children are a delight to teach, the School has exceptional resources, our teachers are enthusiastic and hardworking, and the support team is dedicated to the wellbeing of all pupils.
To support the next phase of development the Governors are seeking to appoint additional experienced, bright, and enthusiastic Associate Teacher to join our friendly and inclusive school.
The successful candidate will be:
· have experience in Key Stage 2
· committed to and able to support the school ethos
· able promote high standards of attainment and behaviour
· inspirational, enthusiastic and highly motivated
· able to work as part of a team and take individual lead as appropriate
· able to inspire and appreciate creativity
· able to assist teachers in planning and preparation of lessons appropriate to the class and individuals
· support SEN/PPG lead in a range of intervention strategies
· assist the SEN/PPG lead in documentation and monitoring of each child
· able to support pupil learning in classroom settings, with individuals, small groups and whole classes as appropriate.
· able to assist in monitoring pupils’ progress and assess work to achieve individual progression and whole school improvement
· experienced in promoting the wellbeing of pupils, providing guidance and support
· able to communicate and consult with parents
· able to assist in preparing reports as appropriate
We will offer you
· a friendly and welcoming team
· hardworking and dedicated colleagues
· enthusiastic and diligent children
· supportive parents, carers and community
· a committed and fully involved governing body
· a well-resourced learning environment
· opportunities for professional development
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Check.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Trust is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are ‘spent’ unless they are ‘protected’ under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
· You need to complete an application form, https://nishkamschooltrust.face-ed.co.uk/vacancies by 6th October 2023, 12pm Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend an interview.
· Interviews will be held on: Thursday 12th October 2023
· Visits to the school are welcomed on either : Monday 2nd October at 9.30 am or Thursday 5th October at 2 pm (please call the school office to book an appointment)
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.