• A recognised and relevant vocational qualification (NVQ level 3) and/or equivalent practical work
• Grade C/4 or above, or equivalent, in both English and Maths (C)
• First aid trained (C)
• Working with children and adults (A/R) • Working in multi-cultural contexts (A/R)
• Working with challenging people (A/R)
• Able to communicate effectively face to face, by telephone and in writing with a wide range of people
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team (A/I/R)
• Ability to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and to recognise potential child
safeguarding issues (A/I/R)
• Able to work to demanding and often conflicting deadlines (A/I/R)
• Excellent communication skills (A/I/R)
• Ability to relate well to children and adults (A/I/R)
• Able to work with a high level of accuracy (A/I/R)
• Able to work sensitively with confidential information (A/I/R)
• Good ICT skills (A/I/R)
• Experience of using Bromcom or similar programme (A/I/R)
• Commitment to self and team development (A/I)
• Able to maintain a safe, calm and happy ethos (A/I)
• Designated Safeguarding Lead trained (C)
• Working with multi-agencies (A/R)
Key: C – Certificate; A – Application Form; I – Interview; R - Reference
We offer an extensive range of opportunities, incentives and benefits with this post including:
- offering unlimited access to a huge range of discounts on holidays, days out, retailer and cashback deals inc. Curry’s, John Lewis, Tesco and B&Q to name but a few.
- Lifestyle and Wellbeing. discounted & flexible gym memberships, eye care vouchers, cycle 2 work/Technology scheme, free annual flu jab and 24/7 access to a market leading Employee Assistance Programme providing expert information specialist advisors trained by Citizens Advice and access to professionally qualified counsellors accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- access to an employee vehicle leasing scheme*, discounted vehicle repairs and discounts on car/van hire.
- Pension, excellent employer/employee contributory pension scheme with the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Personal and professional, we offer a range of training and development opportunities for you to grow and develop.
*Subject to ensuring NMW is maintained.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.