- No, visa sponsorship not available
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 14 (£10.98ph)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Organised, flexible, and able to work on your own
initiative, coping with the various demands of a busy role
- Friendly, confident and
- An excellent communicator with
a professional manner
- Confident in the use of IT.
- Supports the Academy’s vision and values
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, organisation and
- Experience of working in schools is highly desirable.
What the school offers its staff
- A generous annual leave scheme for support staff (up to 27 days
depending on grade and length of service), in addition to paid Bank and Public
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme.
- 'Care First' Employee Assistance Programme.
- Occupational Health Service.
- Excellent Professional Development and career progression
opportunities. Incl. an annual CPD
Programme and financial support to subsidise participation in qualifications
that are beneficial to the role and Academy.
- Personalised mentoring, coaching and support programmes.
- Supportive behaviour policy.
- Reasonable feedback policy.
- Pension scheme for all staff (either LGPS, TP).
- Access to free staff car parking.
- A range of family friendly policies including enhanced contractual
payments for maternity, paternity, adoption, parental leave and flexible
- Subsidised personal IT Support from Apollo Technology for staff members.
- Canteen offering freshly cooked meals at competitive prices.
- An extended network of partnerships (inc. FLP).
- Good transport links (Train station and regular buses).
- Long service awards for staff who have been with the school for 5, 10,
15, 20, 25…yrs.
- July starts for early career teachers (ECTs). This is so they can get settled in before the
new school year and will be paid over the summer holidays.
- Teacher iPads to support and enhance teaching and learning.
- Milk for hot drinks provided for all staff & visitors.
- Refreshments during late parents' evenings/twilights.
Commitment to safeguarding
Selwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In line with Safer Recruitment, all our posts require an enhanced criminal background check via the disclosure procedure and are subject to pre-employment checks.
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Selwood Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England/Methodist, ages 9 to 13
- School size
- 607 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 9 to 13
An Anglican /Methodist Foundation Middle school serving the needs of children ages 9 - 13 in years 5 - 8.
Arranging a visit to Selwood Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.