3 days remaining to apply
Start date details
31 May 2023 at 9am
18 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week - Term time only
- Kent Range 6, Point 17-20
What skills and experience we're looking for
Thamesview Schoolare seeking to appoint an enthusiastic member of staff to become our new Attendance Officer. We are seeking to appoint a passionate member of staff to work closely with our AHT overseeing Behaviour and other members of the Welfare Team to provide key administrative support. We are looking for someone with good ICT skills and strong administration skills who is able to prioritise competing workload pressures, whilst maintaining integrity to ensure rules and procedures are stringently adhered to.
Professionalism and a can-do attitude are key – full on the job training will be provided.
What the school offers its staff
Thamesview is a school where everyone is expected to do their best and our drive to improve means staff can really make their mark and develop professionally. We are proud to develop both academic and vocational qualifications to ensure all our students achieve their full potential. We benefit from a new school building that provides innovative learning environments and state of the art ICT equipment.
We are committed to providing high quality learning experiences for our children and supporting our staff through excellent CPD opportunities. We are looking for candidates with drive and wanting to progress quickly.
As a school, we can offer you:
- A friendly place to work holding the Gold Kent and Medway Staff Wellbeing Award, where all members of staff are valued as people as well as professionals
- A dedicated Staff Wellbeing Team
- Low staff turnover
- Active support with your career development
- Students that are proud of their school and performing well in Progress Eight, in comparison to many other schools
- Very well looked after school site and facilities that are only 10 years old and very modern, including ample, free, on-site parking.
- Free annual Flu Vaccination vouchers.
- Favourable consideration of requests for time off to attend family events such as weddings, graduations, school plays, Christmas concerts, Sports Day, award ceremonies etc.
- Access to Health and Wellbeing support via Occupational Health and access to free, confidential counselling services with the Staff Support Line Service.
- A school that looks to develop people’s skills and abilities at all levels with opportunities for staff to progress quickly and develop into posts of responsibility at all levels.
Further details about the role
The successful applicant must:
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills to liaise and communicate effectively with staff and students.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Computer literacy, especially, spreadsheets and data base software, including SIMS.
- Flexible approach to duties and ability to act on own initiative.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
- Able to prioritise competing workload pressures.
- Demonstrate professional integrity and strict adherence to protocols.
- Hold a good attendance and punctuality record
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 1.33 MB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Thamesview School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 927 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thamesview School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01474 566552
Thamesview School is a place where every member of school is encouraged to have the highest aspirations in their personal and academic lives. Our students are encouraged to become globally aware citizens who embrace high moral standards. We place Teaching and Learning at the very core of everything we do and are committed to empowering students to become: • aspirational • confident in learning • adaptable • creative • responsible Our school emphasises the importance of core skills and the importance of the fundamental skills involved, particularly in English and maths, and in all other curriculum areas. Our rich curriculum enables each student to make progress on a pathway which is right for them. This means that the school offers both academic and vocational qualifications so that each individual is fully prepared to maintain strong habits of learning throughout their lives and to be fully prepared to participate in society as lifelong learners. Thamesview School cares for its students so that everyone feels safe and is able to learn. Our ethos of care and respect permeates through every aspect of school life. Students are encouraged to act with integrity and honesty in every aspect of their lives and to ensure that they leave school with a tenacity to succeed and willingness to make positive contributions to our society.
Similar jobs nearby
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Hall Mead School
Marlborough Gardens, Upminster, Essex, RM14 1SF
Saffron Valley Collegiate
279 High Street, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 1QH
William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road, Grays, Essex, RM16 3NJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway