- Teachers Pay Scale + SEN point
Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Resource Base Teacher job summary
Required Monday, 6th June 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our new ASD Resource Base within our inclusive mainstream Primary School.
The successful practitioner needs to have the knowledge, skills and experience of teaching pupils with ASD in the primary phase, ideally in a specialist Base or provision. You will lead and manage a team of staff (under the direction of the Deputy Head) within the Base and will have a key role in training and supporting mainstream staff, ensuring that the Base is a fully integrated aspect of the school.
We believe our school motto sums up our vision: Growing together; Achieving together.
For the right candidate, we can offer:
• A dedicated Leadership Team and a supportive, professional environment
• Excellent CPD opportunities to develop you professionally and many varied opportunities to foster your passions and talents
• Manageable workloads and achievable deadlines.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Has additional SEN/ASD qualifications or a commitment to undertake such training
• Has experience of working effectively with children with ASD, ideally in a Base or specialist setting
• Can work effectively with children who have emotional needs
• Has a good understanding of special needs children and how to inspire and motivate them
• Has excellent spoken and written language skills and is able to challenge, inspire and motivate others
• Has high expectations and is dedicated in enabling children to fulfil their full potential
• Supports and promote the inclusive ethos of the school through the development of a personalised learning programme and the integration of pupils into mainstream, where appropriate.
If you are interested in joining our dedicated, friendly, supportive and highly motivated team, to help us to build upon our continuing success and establish an ASD Resource Base at Granard, please contact the school office. Visits to the school are strongly recommended.
+ SEN point
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Granard Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 420 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
The new facilities will open in September 2022, initially with 12 children, developing into a provision for up to 42 children from Reception to Year 6. Prior to opening, the first half term will be spent meeting the new pupils and families, developing links within the school and other ASD provision, setting up the Base and developing and resourcing an appropriate curriculum to meet the individual learning needs of the pupils. In the first year, you will be responsible for leading a class of up to 8 EY/KS1 children.
Arranging a visit to Granard Primary School
To arrange a visit or for further information please contact Mr Wheeler (Deputy Head) on 020 8788 3606.