BA (Hons) Primary Education - TA or Sports Coach
This job expired on 24 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
24 March 2023 at 9am
13 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Sports Coach: Full time roles available
- View all Part timejobs - Teaching Assistant: Part time roles available, school hours, term time
- Fixed term - Fixed Term in line with the length of your course
Full-time equivalent salary
- Teaching Assistant Range FTE £19,313 - £26,913/ Sports Coach Range FTE £26,080 - £31,731
What skills and experience we're looking for
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS FOR SCHOOLS ACROSS OUR TRUST
- Please be aware that this role can only be worked in the UK from the location(s) provided and not from overseas.
- For this role the Trust would not consider sponsoring a Certificate of Sponsorship/visa. Please note we are unable to offer advice on any Visa and Immigration cases.
- Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant (or Learning Support Assistant) or Sports Coach?
- Do you want to become a teacher and inspire young minds, helping to shape their futures?
- Do you have the determination to learn, develop and push yourself alongside
your current work?
Have one of the following qualifications (or similar, equivalent to, or higher
than): a)L3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in School / Teaching Assistant
Standard or significant and relevant experience or b) L3 / L4 Sports Coach
Not have a university degree already
Ideally have A*-C/levels 9-4 in GCSE (or equivalent) for English, maths and
Ideally have 2 A-levels or equivalent.
Pass an interview with the Learning Provider, following the Trust confirming
- Be determined and organised.
- Be proactive, use initiative and take personal responsibility for all your coursework.
- Commit to completing a 25 hour online introduction to University study course, as well as the course itself over 3 years and the following 12 + 3 months course leading to QTS.
- Wish to stay with the Trust as a teacher after successfully completing the
What the school offers its staff
The BA (Hons) in Primary Education can be studied mainly online and makes full use of your experience and reflections by integrating degree learning and assessment with your everyday practice. You can work in a paid role with the Trust, and complete your studies alongside in your own time.
The course costs £4,000 per year for 3 years, and the full £12,000 can be initially funded by you through a student loan if needed. This is payable in instalments after you finish your studies and begin earning above the threshold (further details available). This represents a substantial saving of more than £15,000 compared to ‘traditional’ routes through Universities.
Following successful completion of the 3 year course, you will continue onto the 12 month course leading to Qualified Teacher Status and finish with a 3 month End Point Assessment. The course and EPA is funded by the Trust.
Graduates would be able to begin teaching following the achievement of QTS and at which point, we would love to consider you for a teaching role with the Trust.
If you would be interested in exploring this opportunity please view our candidate booklet available on our website.
About Cheam Fields Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 494 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Cheam Fields Primary Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Cheam Fields Primary Academy is one of 6 schools that make up LEO Academy Trust. Located in Cheam, Cheam Fields is a two form primary with nursery offering 30 hours childcare. Cheam FIelds was inspected by Ofsted in January 2019 and was found to be good in all categories. The inspectors found that "You have developed leadership at all levels. You have ensured that senior and middle leaders know the school’s strengths and areas for improvement. Strong subject leaders ensure that priorities are addressed. Senior leaders routinely check that pupils are meeting targets and making progress. You have developed a mentoring approach to professional development across the school. Staff are positive and feel they are helped to achieve well. They feel valued and are committed to further improvement."
Similar jobs nearby
Ben Jonson Primary School
Harford Street, London, E1 4PZ
Early Years Foundation Stage Teaching Assistant
Highwood Primary School
Mead Way, Bushey, Hertfordshire, WD23 2AW
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower
Mayflower Road, Chafford Hundred, Essex, RM16 6SA
Heathway, Dagenham, Essex, RM10 7SJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed