BA (Hons) Primary Education - TA or Sports Coach
2 days remaining to apply
Start date details
24 March 2023 at 9am
13 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Sports Coach: Full time roles available
- View all Part timejobs - Teaching Assistant: Part time roles available, school hours, term time
- Fixed term - Fixed Term in line with the length of your course
Full-time equivalent salary
- Teaching Assistant Range FTE £19,313 - £26,913/ Sports Coach Range FTE £26,080 - £31,731
What skills and experience we're looking for
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS FOR SCHOOLS ACROSS OUR TRUST
- Please be aware that this role can only be worked in the UK from the location(s) provided and not from overseas.
- For this role the Trust would not consider sponsoring a Certificate of Sponsorship/visa. Please note we are unable to offer advice on any Visa and Immigration cases.
- Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant (or Learning Support Assistant) or Sports Coach?
- Do you want to become a teacher and inspire young minds, helping to shape their futures?
- Do you have the determination to learn, develop and push yourself alongside your current work?
- Have one of the following qualifications (or similar, equivalent to, or higher than): a)L3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in School / Teaching Assistant Standard or significant and relevant experience or b) L3 / L4 Sports Coach
Not have a university degree already
Ideally have A*-C/levels 9-4 in GCSE (or equivalent) for English, maths and
Ideally have 2 A-levels or equivalent.
Pass an interview with the Learning Provider, following the Trust confirming
Be determined and organised
Be proactive, use initiative and take personal responsibility for all your
Commit to completing a 25 hour online introduction to University study
course, as well as the course itself over 3 years and the following 12 + 3
months course leading to QTS.
Wish to stay with the Trust as a teacher after successfully completing the
What the school offers its staff
The BA (Hons) in Primary Education can be studied mainly online and makes full use of your experience and reflections by integrating degree learning and assessment with your everyday practice. You can work in a paid role with the Trust, and complete your studies alongside in your own time.
The course costs £4,000 per year for 3 years, and the full £12,000 can be initially
funded by you through a student loan if needed. This is payable in instalments after
you finish your studies and begin earning above the threshold (further details
available). This represents a substantial saving of more than £15,000 compared to
‘traditional’ routes through Universities.
Following successful completion of the 3 year course, you will continue onto the 12
month course leading to Qualified Teacher Status and finish with a 3 month End
Point Assessment. The course and EPA is funded by the Trust.
Graduates would be able to begin teaching following the achievement of QTS and
at which point, we would love to consider you for a teaching role with the Trust.
If you would be interested in exploring this opportunity please view our candidate
booklet available on our website.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Cheam Park Farm Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 892 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Cheam Park Farm Primary Academy is one of 6 schools that make up LEO Academy Trust. Located in Cheam, Cheam Park Farm is a four form primary with morning and afternoon nursery. Cheam Park Farm was inspected by Ofsted in June 2019 and was found to be outstanding in all categories. The inspectors found that "Teaching is outstanding and provides a careful balance of work, which not only interests the pupils but also makes them want to try hard to succeed. Teachers are proud to be involved in the development of the school and appreciate the investment in their training that leaders make, as well as that of the LEO Academy Trust."
Similar jobs nearby
Speech & Language Therapy Teaching Assistant
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Dunton Green Primary School
London Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2UR
Early Years Foundation Stage Teaching Assistant
Highwood Primary School
Mead Way, Bushey, Hertfordshire, WD23 2AW
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower
Mayflower Road, Chafford Hundred, Essex, RM16 6SA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed