BA (Hons) Primary Education - TA or Sports Coach
Deadline is tomorrow
Start date details
24 March 2023 at 9am
13 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Sports Coach: Full time roles available
- View all Part timejobs - - Teaching Assistant: Part time roles available, school hours, term time
- Fixed term - Fixed Term in line with the length of your course
Full-time equivalent salary
- Teaching Assistant Range FTE £19,313 - £26,913/ Sports Coach Range FTE £26,080 - £31,731
What skills and experience we're looking for
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS FOR SCHOOLS ACROSS OUR TRUST.
- Please be aware that this role can only be worked in the UK from the location(s) provided and not from overseas.
- For this role the Trust would not consider sponsoring a Certificate of Sponsorship/visa. Please note we are unable to offer advice on any Visa and Immigration cases.
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant (or Learning Support Assistant)
or Sports Coach?
Do you want to become a teacher and inspire young minds, helping to shape
Do you have the determination to learn, develop and push yourself alongside
your current work?
- Have one of the following qualifications (or similar, equivalent to, or higher than): a)L3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in School / Teaching Assistant Standard or significant and relevant experience or b) L3 / L4 Sports Coach
- Not have a university degree already
- Ideally have A*-C/levels 9-4 in GCSE (or equivalent) for English, maths and science.
- Ideally have 2 A-levels or equivalent.
- Pass an interview with the Learning Provider, following the Trust confirming your employment.
- Be determined and organised.
- Be proactive, use initiative and take personal responsibility for all your coursework.
- Commit to completing a 25 hour online introduction to University study course, as well as the course itself over 3 years and the following 12 + 3 months course leading to QTS.
- Wish to stay with the Trust as a teacher after successfully completing the
What the school offers its staff
The BA (Hons) in Primary Education can be studied mainly online and makes full use of your experience and reflections by integrating degree learning and assessment with your everyday practice. You can work in a paid role with the Trust, and complete your studies alongside in your own time.
The course costs £4,000 per year for 3 years, and the full £12,000 can be initially
funded by you through a student loan if needed. This is payable in instalments after
you finish your studies and begin earning above the threshold (further details
available). This represents a substantial saving of more than £15,000 compared to
‘traditional’ routes through Universities.
Following successful completion of the 3 year course, you will continue onto the 12 month course leading to Qualified Teacher Status and finish with a 3 month End Point Assessment. The course and EPA is funded by the Trust.
Graduates would be able to begin teaching following the achievement of QTS and at which point, we would love to consider you for a teaching role with the Trust.
If you would be interested in exploring this opportunity please view our candidate
booklet available on our website.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Shawley Community Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- Up to 315 pupils
- Age range
- 5 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
At LEO Academy Trust, we are proud to serve over 3800 pupils from across the London Borough of Sutton and Surrey. Our Trust was formed in 2015. Since then, we have developed a self-improving network of great learning communities formed from seven primary schools, supported by both our Inclusion & Wellbeing Hub and our Opportunity Hub. We are proud to provide endless opportunities for our pupils, staff and the local communities we are part of. With over 500 staff, our schools are empowered to support each other to improve both outcomes for our pupils, and to drive performance across the wider school system. We are delighted that our schools remain long standing members of the Challenge Partners Network of Excellence. Our commitment to Professional Development is ongoing; staff, governors and Trustees access training through our LEO CDP website, Judicium’s online learning portal and a wide ranging programme of courses delivered in our LEO Training Room and online via GoogleMeet. Learning, Excellence and Opportunity are at the heart of our Trust, embedded through our shared mission, values and aims.
Similar jobs nearby
Dunton Green Primary School
London Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2UR
Teaching Assistant 15 - 30 hours per week
Earlswood Infant and Nursery School
St John's Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6DZ
Chesterton Primary School
Dagnall Street, London, SW11 5DT
Earlswood Junior School
Brambletye Park Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6JX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Surrey