About the School:
The academy is a part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. Barnsley Academy is an 11-16 secondary. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a determined, ambitious, and inspiring Teacher of English.
This post would suit someone who cares passionately about raising the life chances of students from a range of backgrounds and who is looking to make a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Excellent employee benefits which include an excellent pension scheme.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community but also displays humility and a reflective approach to improvement.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
To apply, please click the apply link above to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. If you have any queries regarding this role please email email@example.com The closing date for this post is midnight on Sunday 8th October 2023. Interviews will take place soon after. Applicants are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced Disclosure and Baring Check from the DBS Service and a further check against the appropriate barred list. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online check.
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.