Bourne Community College, Emsworth, Hampshire, PO10 8PJ
6 days remaining to apply
Expected start date
As soon as possible
4 October 2021 at 10:00am
14 September 2021
Education support SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
Grade 6 (£20903-£22183 p.a. )
Bourne Community College is seeking to appoint a Behaviour Manager for our new Short Stay School to support students from Years 7-11 for variable periods. We welcome applications from ambitions candidates who are keen to make a difference to the College.
The Short Stay School will be an inclusive addition to our Inclusion Team and give intensive support to students for whom mainstream school, is a challenge and support our drive of high expectations.
Main Responsibilities –
• The effective day-to-day running of the Short Stay School facility in the College
• Support, guide and mentor individuals or small groups of students who require additional support to overcome barriers to learning so that they can achieve their full potential
• Quality assure the process and impact of this support and report back to SENDCo/SLT Mentor
• Collate and present objective and accurate feedback
• Lead the operation and effective management of the inclusion facilities including referral procedures, collation of appropriate work and management of student behaviour in this room
• Manage appropriate out-of-lesson learning environments for students temporarily excluded from lessons and support their personalised learning
Applying for the job
Please complete the application form - available from the school website
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Bourne Community College is a growing and unique 11-16 mixed comprehensive Trust school, valued and supported by the local community. We have been awarded the Unicef Rights Respecting Schools Award ‘Gold’, which very few secondary schools hold in the country, for the second time.
We have high expectations for our students and of our staff and we aim to provide the highest quality education in an atmosphere of mutual respect where everyone is valued. We are a fully inclusive school where each individual is supported to develop and nurture the values, skills and attributes that enable them to become the very best that they can, regardless of their individual needs.
Arranging a visit to Bourne Community College
Please contact Mrs Menzies Heads PA 01243 375691 to arrange an appointment