Breakfast Club Assistant
This job expired on 10 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
10 March 2023 at 9am
10 February 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 5 hours 25 minutes per week
- £2,541 to £2,633 per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
Surlingham Primary School seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and organised Breakfast Club Assistant.
The successful candidate will ensure that children attending the Breakfast Club enjoy a healthy start to the day and are therefore able to maximise their learning when lessons begin.
The candidate will also encourage and develop safe, purposeful and creative play during Breakfast Clubs, ensuring the conduct, welfare, safety and wellbeing of pupils.
- To supervise pupils in designated areas (including playground or other external spaces as directed) during the Breakfast Club time period, and to ensure their safety, welfare and general conduct through appropriate application of the school’s policies and procedures.
- To establish safe and proper behaviour by appropriate intervention or referral to senior staff, as appropriate.
- To supervise the movement of pupils to and from dining areas, including any personal hygiene requirements (e.g. hand washing).
- To assist pupils, where necessary, with the collection and return of trays, or other items to the service counter.
- To assist pupils, as necessary, with the proper use of cutlery, drinking facilities or other aspects of breakfast provision.
- To assist in the clearance of any spillages and the wiping down, clearing or resetting of tables, as appropriate.
- To assist in the setting up and removal of furniture, where necessary.
- To take any immediate action to attend to sickness or accidents by carrying out minor first aid and summoning relevant assistance.
- To identify and report any unauthorised visitors on school premises.
What the school offers its staff
At Surlingham Primary School our vision is to encourage and support our pupils to enjoy their childhoods and reach their full potential, as confident, inquisitive and successful learners and as fully rounded individuals. Our small, caring community and our inspiring environment, within the South Norfolk Broads, has a huge impact on our children’s development and our essential values.
Our learning environment is supportive and purposeful; but also stimulating, challenging and engaging with a clear focus on promoting positive behaviour and our principles for learning. We provide high quality teaching through the broad, balanced and rich range of learning experiences and opportunities we provide, inside and outside the classroom, and particularly drawing inspiration from our Broads village environment.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Surlingham Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 65 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Surlingham Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Surlingham Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
St Peter's CofE Primary Academy, Easton
Marlingford Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR9 5AD
Valley Primary Academy
Gentry Place, Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 8XZ
Rockland St Mary Primary School
School Lane, Norwich, NR14 7EU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed