- Job role
- Business studies, Computing
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- 25,714.00 to 36,961.00
Hours: Full Time, 39 weeks per year
Grade/SCP: Main Pay Scale
Location: Saint Benedict Catholic Voluntary Academy, Duffield Road, Darley Abbey, Derby, DE22 1JD
Start Date: As soon as possible
Saint Benedict Catholic Voluntary Academy, part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust are looking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate Business and Computing Teacher to implement and deliver a knowledge rich curriculum to all students in Business and Computer Science subjects.
• be forward-thinking, with the ability to inspire students through their subjects
• be willing to positively promote the Catholic Ethos of the academy
• be committed to raising standards of student attainment
Situated in the beautiful Darley Abbey area on the outskirts of Derby, Saint Benedict is the city’s only Catholic Secondary school. We serve a wonderfully diverse community of students who come from over forty countries around the world and who come from all parts of Derby and beyond.
This is a great time to be joining us with results improving year on year. This is a result of considerable investment in developing our teaching staff and creating an excellent school curriculum. In our most recent inspection, Ofsted graded us as Good in every category. We celebrated our best ever GCSE and Alevel results in 2019 with a Progress 8 score of +0.31 and our A Level value added in 2019 was the highest in Derby and the Diocese of Nottingham. As a Catholic School, the values of the Gospels underpin all of our work and a key part of our mission is to champion those in society who are disadvantaged.
We are most proud of the fact that our rapid improvement in outcomes has been in an inclusive and supportive environment, as Ofsted described ‘a distinctive feature of pupils’ behaviour in this school is their sense of a community and the care that they extend towards one another’. In addition to setting out a clear vision for school improvement we work hard to ensure that every child has their needs fully met by our outstanding SENCO and our Inclusion Team. As a community of professionals we are also highly supportive of one another.
How to apply:
To apply go to our trust website www.srscmat.co.uk/Vacancies to complete and return the following documents and send to email@example.com.
SRS Application Form Teacher (January 20).docx
Consent to Obtain References form
Recruitment Monitoring Form
Closing date: Monday 18th October 2021 at 9:00am
Interviews: 22nd October 2021
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
Being part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust
On 1st September 2018, the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust, part of the Diocese of Nottingham, brought together 25 Catholic schools located in Derby City, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire and Stockport together in partnership, to ensure the very best spiritual, social and academic experiences and outcomes for the young people in our schools.
Everything we do is to better the lives and futures of our children, providing access to first-class teaching, both academically and spiritually and we are united by our collective vision to excel.
Why work for the St Ralph Sherwin Multi Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 25 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our Academies, please visit www.srscmat.co.uk
Follow us on twitter @srscmat
Connect with us on linkedin
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
The Trust will endeavor to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
You do not need to be a Catholic to work in our Trust. There are certain reserved positions, which require someone to be Catholic, i.e. CEO, Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, Subject Leader/Head of RE and Lay Chaplain but other than that a respect for our ethos and a willingness to participate in what we do is all that is required.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.