We are seeking a dynamic and inspirational teacher with experience of teaching Business, Enterprise and/or Economics subjects at KS4 and KS5. You will have experience in teaching both vocational and traditional qualifications in these subjects at GCSE and A Level, and be excited by the development of both these strands.
You will be joining an enthusiastic, high-performing and committed team of Business, Enterprise and Economics teachers. We are an ever-growing department who are passionate about the provision we provide, and the GFM secondary phase itself is a vibrant, evolving environment with a passion for supporting the development of our young people. You will have an overview and be part of the strategic development of Business across the secondary phase of the GFM.
We are committed to enabling all learners, irrespective of their current attainment, to achieve and we offer both GCSE Business and Level 2 Enterprise and Marketing across our secondary provision. Our A level Business and Economics qualifications attract good cohort numbers and our outcomes are in the top quartile nationally.
We are always seeking ways to raise the profile of our subject and staff across the GFM, such as offering extra-curricular opportunities, and the successful candidate can expect to be involved in participation of national enterprise competitions through our Enterprise provision and our KS4 cohort.
Professional development opportunities
- Regular training and access to a range of internal and external programmes tailored to your learning needs throughout your career
- Opportunities for career progression as we are willing and able to support moves from one academy to another
- A high commitment to personal development and growth;
- Ability to work across the age and ability range from Year 3 through to Upper Sixth
- A competitive salary for both teaching and non-teaching staff whereby pay progression is possible on an annual basis, following successful performance
- Access to a highly attractive pension plan
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Student Wellbeing support
- Free/discounted gym access
- Free car parking at every site
- On-site catering with great food, all reasonably priced for staff
- A career in an organisation that values individuality and diversity
If you would like to talk informally with one of the team before making an application, please email@example.com or call 02392 616012 to arrange
Where we receive a large volume of applications, we may close the post early, therefore you are strongly advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
Any offer of employment will be conditional on receipt of; proof of right to work in the UK / satisfactory references / pre employment medical check / clear enhanced DBS check
GFM Education pursues a policy of equality of opportunity. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
GFM Education is committed
to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children. We ensure our
recruitment practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates are
subject to a enhanced DBS check.It is a criminal offence to apply for or accept
a position (paid or unpaid) working with children if you are excluded from such
work by virtue of a court order or exclusion by the DBS. Although a criminal
record involving offences against children is likely to debar you from
appointment of this type of post, the existence of other criminal convictions
will not necessarily be a bar to employment.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Please complete the online application.