Business Studies and IT Subject Leader
Outer London pay scale - £29k - £45k (Main/Upper Pay Range) + TLR 1.1
January 2023 start.
We are looking for an inspiring teacher of Business Studies and/or IT to lead our growing departments at Oaks Park High School, which is part of the Cheam Academies Network.
The Business/ICT Department aims to create an atmosphere that is dynamic in terms of its delivery of subject material with an aim to raise awareness of events and issues within the global business and ICT environment.
We embrace the use of technology to engage our students and to help ensure they achieve their potential during their studies.
Our Business Studies curriculum is broad and balanced for all of our student’s needs. Students currently study GCSE Business Studies at KS4 and at KS5, we also offer the BTEC Level 3 Business Studies to allow progression onto higher education.
For ICT, we are introducing the Level 2 Digital ICT course at KS4 and also offer BTEC Level 3 ICT. We also offer GCSE Computer Science at KS4 from Year 9 onwards.
The Business/ICT department is located in an area of 5 rooms along with ICT, Computer Science and Digital Creative Media. This includes 3 fully equipped computer suites as well as 2 well-resourced teaching classrooms.
The ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm, dedication and ideas to the department and a desire to be the best possible teacher of Business Studies and/or IT, and strive to bring out the best in our students and promote success in the departments.
What we can offer you:
- You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing
- You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
- You will benefit from a programme of training and development
- You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming
- You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues at our sister school, Cheam High School
- On-site car parking
- A laptop – for ease of working
- Two-week October half term
- Opportunity to work in an award-winning building, bordering Green Belt land.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
You will be required to:
- Inspire and support our students across Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
- Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
- Be creative and reflective in the planning of lessons and schemes of works
- Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals.
Our school is situated in Carshalton, 30 minutes from London Victoria by train and a short distance from Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information can be found in the job description and person specification, below
Applications must be sent to email@example.com,using the application form(below)
Closing date for applications: Friday, 7 October at midday
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, should a suitable candidate apply.
Oaks Park High Schoolis committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.
This job post has expired.