- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Business studies
- Working pattern
- Part time
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £27,948 to £45,288 based on skills and experience
- Actual salary
- £11,179.00 to £18,115.00 based on skills and experience
Business Studies Teacher (Fixed Term)
Dates: Apply by Tuesday 19th October 2021
Contract type: Part Time (0.4FTE)
Contract term: Fixed Term until 31st August 2021
Salary: £27,948 to £45,288 based on skills and experience
Start Date: January 2022
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Business Studies teacher to join our team of talented, energetic and visionary teachers.
Business Studies is part of the Enterprise department which also incorporates Computing and Food and Nutrition. The subject was introduced in September 2018 and is taught at the school as Business and IT at Key Stage 3 and at Key Stage 4 and Post 16 as a vocational option. In line with other subjects in the school, pupils begin Key Stage 4 during year 9 and have the option to trial the subject before making their choices. TThe subject has proven to be a very popular choice across the school, with multiple classes at Key Stage 4 in each year group and we are committed to resourcing the subject sufficiently to ensure it is a great success.
We are looking for a teacher who has a passion for Business Studies and demonstrates excellent classroom practice. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your pupils and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning, in Business Studies and beyond. You should also have a good understanding of the potential of technology to enhance learning.
The Reach Free School is looking for its teachers to:
- Be outstanding practitioners who inspire pupils and colleagues
- Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
- Believe that every child can and will succeed
- Be committed to securing the best outcomes for all pupils at the school with an understanding of how data can be used to maximise progress
- Have a passion for education and be open to innovative approaches in everyday aspects of school life
- Offer enrichment and extra-curricular experiences related to their subject area and beyond
- Contribute to the overall development of the school
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to help build on the school’s successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- Access to the latest technology to assist in developing your teaching and learning
- Competitive salaries, based on skills and experience
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- The potential for further management opportunities
- A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
This position is suitable for early career teachers who will be supported by the school and the Watford Partnership for Teacher Training.
The Reach Free School is a successful and growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The oversubscribed school is a popular choice for local families. In September 2018 the school moved into a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 711517 or via email to Mrs S Berman, Headteacher’s PA at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Apply by Tuesday 19th October 2021
Interviews to take place: Thursday 21st October 2021
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level. The school will also carry out a prohibition from teaching check. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of your employment.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 666 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About The Reach Free School
The Reach Free School is an 11 to 18 school in Rickmansworth, which serves pupils of all backgrounds and abilities. Opened in September 2013, the school was founded by a group of teachers and local parents in response to a significant demand for more secondary school places in the area.
All involved with the school have high aspirations for our pupils and high expectations of them. As such we expect all pupils to: commit their best efforts to all that they do; support each other to achieve their potential; work with their teachers to exceed their goals; demonstrate exemplary behaviour in all that they do; take pride in their school and its community within its walls and beyond; enjoy learning.
The Reach Free School plays an active role in the community, working with local businesses, supporting local events and providing a hub for local services. Pupils are very much involved in the school’s wider responsibilities, developing skills in leadership and decision making, communication and collaboration and independent, self led learning.
A sense of purpose and responsibility pervades lessons and activities at The Reach Free School and it is important that our pupils recognise their own responsibilities as members of the community. It is this that underpins The Reach Free School’s ethos; Achievement, Community, Enjoyment – ACE.