£32,097 per annum (depending on experience) Grade 8 Point 25
Avanti meadows Primary School wishes to recruit a Business Support Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for Business and Administrative support to the school and be the key point of contact between the centralized Finance & HR Teams.
He/ she will work with the Head of School in ensuring Avanti Meadows School provides an outstanding education for all pupils, rooted in the inclusive and distinctive Avanti Schools ethos of educational excellence, character development and spiritual insight.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
Avanti Meadows is part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools. However, staff and students at Avanti House School do not originate from any specific faith background; applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• To provide leadership and management for the non-teaching related services within the school
• Primary point of contact and to work in collaboration with the Trust’s central teams, such as the HR, PM and Finance Teams
• To provide oversight of an effective administration system managing the main administrative office and Reception area to ensure it meets the needs of staff, students, parents and any external visitors to the school.
• To establish administrative systems and procedures within the school, and to train and support staff to ensure that these systems and procedures are properly implemented and effectively controlled.
• To be responsible for management of all data and information systems within the school and ensure all relevant standards are met.
• Ability to analyse, interpret, collate and present management information through reports and plans
• Personable, approachable, able to explain complex issues
• Proven experience in a similar support function within an educational setting
• Qualification in School Business Management or other relevant area
• Experience of managing and leading staff
We are able to offer:
• a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
• a committed and motivated staff team;
• an attractive working environment;
• supportive parents;
• great opportunities for professional development.
• Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
• Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will also be completed.
• We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people to Avanti Schools Trust and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
• Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.