Business Teacher (Vocational Faculty)
Are you a newly qualified teacher with a passion for education, looking for your first job? Or are you an experienced teacher, with a track record of success, looking for a new challenge? Washwood Heath Academy has a fantastic opportunity for a talented teacher to join an All-Through Academy business team.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is passionate about business. Washwood Heath Academy became an All-Through Academy in 2017 for pupils across the age range of 4-18 years. The successful candidate will be joining the Academy at an exciting time; the new state-of-the art primary facility opened in February 2019 and we are currently implementing a Knowledge-rich curriculum to raise academic standards and enrichment opportunities. Washwood Heath is an Academy that embraces evidence-based research and we are currently involved in different research projects including a DFE Key Stage 3 Science Knowledge-rich curriculum project and an EEF Maths Direct Instruction pilot. In addition, the Sixth Form facilities and curriculum are being developed to meet the demand of an increasing student population.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an established business teacher looking to take the next step in their career. You will be passionate about education and how you can use your skills and experience to challenge students to achieve. We are looking for a committed teacher: someone who will go above and beyond to ensure the students in their class are given every opportunity to be successful. Our students have a thirst for learning and with your ability to develop independence and resilience, we will continue embed outstanding outcomes for every single student.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced, outstanding practitioner with a strong commitment to improving pupils’ lives in an Academy with high levels of disadvantage and be able to demonstrate a clear track record of raising standards. A constant thirst for improvement and innovation alongside the determination to see developments through to their conclusions are essential. You will be an excellent communicator, a team player who is able to work under pressure and effectively engage pupils and staff.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to the development of all staff. Within the Trust, there is a family of 7 schools (one All-Through, two secondaries and four primaries) serving the East of Birmingham. We believe that we are stronger working in partnership to serve the children and families of our community.
Essential educational requirements
• Good honours Degree (First or Second Class)
• Qualified Teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• Successful teaching practice or experience teaching Business to students aged 14-19.
• Up to date knowledge and understanding of current educational issues.
• ICT competence and interest in using ICT in the classroom.
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, well behaved learners who engage positively with school life
• Hard-working, motivated and engaged staff and governors, who care deeply about the outcomes for children and young people
• A culture of support for all staff
• MAT-wide continued professional development opportunities to enable practical and research based school improvement initiatives
• High level of support, coaching and friendship from the CEO/Head Teacher group
• Access to an employee benefits scheme
• On-site parking
About Washwood Heath Academy
- Burney Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, B8 2AS
- All Through
- Washwood Heath Academy website (opens in a new window)