Details for applicants
Would you like to visit us?
Informal visits are welcomed. We are not as far away as you think and driving through the countryside each morning is a very pleasant way to start you day! You’ll find us just 20 minutes from Peterborough and Huntingdon, and commutable from Cambridge too. Why not come and visit us so we can show you more of our school?
What do I do if I want to know more before applying?
You are very welcome to come and visit our wonderful school, please just let us know and we will arrange a tour of the department and wider school. More information is available on our website. However, if you have any further questions, please contact Lara Fowler firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the security of exam papers at all times and ensure that the conduct of the exam takes place within the guidelines set down by the JCQ.
- Collect question papers, attendance registers and all other necessary materials from the Exams Office before an exam.
- Check the exam room is set up in accordance with JCQ regulations.
- Ensure a calm environment to give candidates the best possible opportunity to be successful in their exams.
- Accurately complete attendance registers noting the arrival time of any student arriving after the start of the exam.
- Be vigilant at all times during an exam and record any incidents that occur.
- Collect and collate completed scripts at the end of the exam and return them to the Exams Office
- Committed to the safeguarding of young people and equality and diversity
- Enhanced Disclosure clearance
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team or alone as necessary
- Ability to keep calm under pressure or during unexpected circumstances
- Experience of exam invigilation
- Knowledge of the further education sector
- Previous work with children.
- Ensure all pupils have equal access to learning using appropriate strategies and resources, where necessary.
- Liaise with pastoral staff members to ensure the wellbeing of pupils and their full participation in school life.
- Raise any concerns regarding pupils’ behaviour with the relevant Raising Standards Lead.
- Implement any specific arrangements for individual pupils, ensuring that relevant staff members are aware of the measures in place.
- Provide individual pastoral support to pupils, where necessary.
- Continuously motivate and challenge pupils, whilst promoting and reinforcing self-esteem.
- To have the ability to
- safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- Appreciate the significance of safeguarding and interprets this accurately for all individual children and young people whatever their life circumstances.
- To have a good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and can demonstrate an ability to contribute towards a safe environment.
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice and information in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
This job description will be reviewed and updated periodically in order to ensure that it relates to the job performed or to incorporate any proposed changes. This procedure will be conducted by the Headteacher or line manager in consultation with the post-holder. In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to the job description following consultation.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.