Casual Special Needs Classroom Assistants
152 days remaining to apply
Start date details
30 August 2023 at 12pm (midday)
15 March 2023
- View all Part timejobs - Minimum 13 hours per week up to 32.5 per week (term time only) Core working hours: 8.30am to 3.30pm (half hour unpaid lunch)
- Fixed term - Casual Contract
- Scale 4: £14.04 Hourly Rate
What skills and experience we're looking for
The School is looking to recruit a number of Special Needs Classroom Assistants as bank staff to start as soon as possible. Applicants could be appointed to work in the Primary, Secondary or Sixth Form Phases of our School. You will be required to work flexibly between Monday to Friday, from 8.30 to 3.30 at short notice usually notified by 8am, depending on the demands/cover requirements on the day.
• Are you looking for a part-time and flexible role that fits around your current commitments?
• Are you available to work at short notice for example, on the day?
• Are you interested in developing yourself to work as a Teaching Assistant in an “outstanding” school which has a commitment to high expectations, high standards for all in a quality environment?
• Do you have a positive attitude to and previous experience of working with young people or adults who have Special Educational Needs?
• Are you willing to put the needs of the children first and be flexible to ensure their needs are met?
• Are you keen to give the best possible service to our pupils and their families?
• Are you willing to support the basic and personal care needs of our pupils, supporting them to work towards achieving independence?
• Do you hold a minimum of NVQ Level 2 or equivalent (5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) Grade C/New Grade 4 or above, including Maths and English)?
If the answer to all the questions above is YES, then we want to hear from you.
What the school offers its staff
Trinity School is an all age (3 to 19) modern, vibrant Special School catering for the needs of students who have a wide range of learning difficulties including; moderate, severe, profound and complex. A number of our pupils also have an Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC).
Further details about the role
All applications should be made on the Trinity School application form available from the school website on https://www.trinityschooldagenham.org.uk/Vacancies-1/ CVs will not be accepted and should not be submitted. No CV’s will be accepted from agencies.
Completed applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details please contact Human Resources on 0203 435 5958 or email email@example.com
Only those applicants that are shortlisted will be notified of the interviews
Trinity School reserves the right to close the advert earlier, so please ensure you submit your fully completed application as soon as possible.
Trinity School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced criminal record check via the DBS will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including a disclosure check will be undertaken on all applicants.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Trinity School
- School type
- Special school, ages 3 to 19
- School size
- 297 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Trinity School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 3435 5959
Trinity is a very large special school in Barking and Dagenham and we serve the special educational needs of over 290 disabled children and young people. We are an all-through School for pupils aged 3 to 19.
Similar jobs nearby
Speech & Language Therapist - Full Time
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Speech & Language Therapist - Fixed Term 1 Year
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Oasis Academy Hadley
143 South Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN3 4PX
Parkwood Hall Co-Operative Academy
Beechenlea Lane, Swanley, Kent, BR8 8DR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Barking and Dagenham and Essex, Southend and Thurrock