- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Part time
10 hours per week, term time only
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Fixed Term until 22nd April 2022)
- Grade B, (SCP 4) - £18,933 (pro rata to hours worked)
10 hours per week, Term Time Only
Grade B, (SCP 4) - £18,933 (pro rata to hours worked)
Fixed Term until 22nd April 2022
The Board of Trustees wish to provide an opportunity for an enthusiastic Catering Assistant. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to become part of our school team. The post holder will be based at Alvaston Junior Academy.
The Harmony Trust was established in February 2014 and currently has 15 schools under the Trust umbrella. This brings with it exciting opportunities for career progression and development for existing and future employees. The Harmony Trust has high expectations of our pupils and staff. We have an excellent reputation and are innovative in our aim for educational excellence.
The successful candidates will:
• be required to participate in the preparation, cooking and service of meals and ensure they are prepared and cooked to the same standard and timings.
• have NVQ Level 2 in a related subject, e.g. catering, or willingness to undertake.
• have Previous catering experience
• hold a valid food hygiene certificate
• be committed to the provision and improvement of quality service provision.
• have an understanding of health & safety procedures and regulations e.g. COSHH, including safe moving, lifting & handling
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to be part of our team, who are committed to educational excellence
• friendly and supportive staff, parents and trustees,
• a commitment to high quality professional development,
• opportunity for future career development & progression within the Trust’s portfolio of schools
and most importantly
• the chance to transform the lives of children and really make a difference
The Harmony Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and pre-employment checks.
Applying for the job
Please return completed application forms A and B to firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 352 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
About Alvaston Junior Academy
Welcome to Alvaston Junior Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to our school, through our website, and I hope that it gives you an insight into life at AJA for our pupils. We are a friendly, professional, hard-working staff team who are driven by our desire to provide a high quality curriculum offer whilst being united in our mission to support pupils to build life skills for a bright future. Pastoral care and provision is intertwined with teaching and learning and pupils’ well-being is at the core of daily practice. Our school values of confidence, kindness, respect and motivation, are integral to school life. We have high expectations for all of our children and offer support and challenge to enable them to be the very best that they can be. We are passionate about bringing the Harmony Trust motto ‘BELIEVE- ACHIEVE- SUCCEED’ to life and making it a reality for all of our pupils.
We firmly believe that education is a partnership between home and school, and we place parental involvement high in our school’s priorities. I have no doubt, that with your support and cooperation, we are laying the foundations for success in your childs' next chapter of education.