- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Term time
37.5 hours, 07:00 - 15.00 Mon-Fri. Term time plus 1 week
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- RTS Scale SC6
- Actual salary
- RTS Scale SC6 - £23,994.58-£24,866.16 (pro-rata)
We are looking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Chef Manager with at least 3 years’ Chef Management experience in a recognisable high quality, fresh food business to work in our busy school kitchen.
You will be wholly responsible for cooking meals, the busy lunch service for 3 schools on site and the management of the lunch service, supported by a Supervisor/Chef and 3 Catering Assistants.
As a Chef Manager, you will have control over the menu planning and its development using fresh seasonal food. You will also be responsible for the full day to day running of the kitchen, costing, stock control, ordering, training, motivating, and mentoring the Catering Team.
The role will be working directly for the school, not via a contract caterer.
This post is a hands-on role and benefits include:
• a generous salary,
• Monday to Friday sensible hours, term time plus 1 weeks contract,
additional paid holiday weeks,
• generous local government pension scheme
• sick pay
• access to a private medical scheme,
• meals on duty and
• the chance to be part of a new and forward-thinking catering team.
Prospective candidates are welcome to discuss any questions you may have prior to submitting your application; contact the HR Manager - HR@rts.richmond.sch.uk to arrange a suitable time.
There is a focus on developing community and positive staff wellbeing through:
- The school is well placed for excellent transport links whether travelling by foot, cycle, car, bus or train.
- There are ample secure cycle racks for staff to use (as well as staff showering facilities on site), as well as access to a ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
- The site also has a secure, controlled access car park for staff to use with direct access to the A316.
- The school is well served by local bus routes in all directions; and is within easy walking distance to Twickenham train station, which is in Zone 3 and well served by South Western Trains. The station is currently undergoing major redevelopment with a new station building and access due to open by Spring 2020.
Continuing professional development has a strong focus. There is an extensive programme available which extends to internal and external specialists, as well as partnerships with other educational and business providers. Reciprocal school visits are encouraged with existing arrangements already in place.
- Private medical, dental and optical care;
- Quiz nights;
- Free yoga and relaxation sessions;
- Staff-led fitness;
- Staff ‘pique-nique’ events;
- Seasonal gatherings;
- Free tea and coffee in the light and airy staff social room
- Membership of a pension scheme is available.
- The school has a two-week Autumn half-term break.
- RTS is proud of its well-established links within the community and has an active PTA.
- We welcome and encouraged local businesses and groups to join us during the annual Summer and Christmas Fairs.
Applying for the job
Please visit our school jobs portalMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 596 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About The Richmond upon Thames School
We are seeking resilient and forward-thinking people to support us to realise our Trust’s vision that every student will leave RTS with excellent academic outcomes and a clear purpose for the next stage of their lives. We have already established a vibrant, inclusive school that provides an excellent experience for every member of its community.
In five years, we have grown from 125 students in Year 7 to 750 students across Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. The years that follow promise to be exciting as we continue to grow into our permanent building and new sports centre.
The school is uniquely situated on the Richmond Education and Enterprise Campus with Clarendon Special School, Capella House, Richmond Upon Thames College and site neighbours Harlequins on the Richmond Education and Enterprise Campus (www.reec.org.uk).
Our first Ofsted inspection took place in January 2020 and we are delighted that the inspectors rated the school ‘outstanding’ for personal development and ‘good’ for the quality of education, behaviour and attitudes, leadership and management, and overall effectiveness.
Arranging a visit to The Richmond upon Thames School
Prospective candidates are welcome to discuss any questions you may have prior to submitting your application; contact Barbara Munro, PA to the Head Teacher on 0208 891 2985 or email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.