- Job role
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
Lime Trust - CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Contract type: Permanent and full-time
Salary: £130-145k (exact salary to be negotiated based on experience and skills; the role also has attractive benefits, as set out in the cover letter accompanying the job description and personal specification)
Accountable to: Lime Trust Board and Parliament
Reporting to: Lime Trust Board, Lime Trust Members and other key stakeholders, including the DFE, ESFA and the Regional Schools Commissioner
Lime Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) specialising in mainstream primary and all through SEND provision, currently responsible for 8 schools, four of which are in Peterborough and four in London.
Following the retirement of the previous Lime CEO, the Lime Trustees are seeking to employ an outstanding strategic leader who is passionate about improving the life chances of all our learners, driving up school standards and ensuring outstanding performance in all areas of the Trust’s operations.
We are looking for a dynamic and suitably experienced candidate who will be relentless in articulating the Trust’s vision, values and ethos, and able to inspire and empower others to share in achieving them by providing the necessary challenge and professional development support to staff.
In their capacity as Accounting Officer for the Trust, the CEO will work with the Trust Board and local academy leaders to build the Trust’s reputation as the education provider and employer of choice, with a value-led, sustainable business model, and ensure compliance with all statutory duties.
This is also a unique opportunity to work with the Lime Trustees in further developing and growing the Trust as appropriate.
We are looking for a CEO who has the following skills and knowledge:
• Ability to drive cultural change and take ownership of the Trust’s strategy
• Proven leadership and management experience, and expertise at senior
management level in an educational setting for a substantial period of time, or
across a variety of primary and special school settings
• Experience of working as Deputy CEO/Headteacher (minimum of 4 years)
• Experience of working in a MAT or a similar establishment
• Sustained record of school improvement in an education Trust environment
• Experience of effective management of funding and resources, including project
costing and budgetary management
• Evidence of effective human and financial resources management
• Proven track record of developing business planning and managing the introduction
of new initiatives and, in particular, effective building and premises
• Excellent understanding of statutory education frameworks, including governance,
current educational issues relating to academies, company, charity and education
law, policies, guidance and codes of practice
• Comprehensive knowledge of the schools Ofsted inspection framework, criteria and
Closing date: 3 December 2021
Shortlisting: w/c 6 December 2021
Interviews: w/c 10/17 January 2022
If you would like to visit one or more of our Lime schools, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Lime Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our learners.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. References will be taken up prior to interview.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.