• QTS or BaHon in Early years or childhood studies
• Early Years professional status (EYPS)
• Paediatric First Aid Qualification
• Excellent organisational skills
• Able to create lesson plans and manage a classroom
• Brilliant time keeping skills
• Able to deal with challenging behaviour
• Plenty of patience
• Creativity to find effective methods of engaging the children so they are having fun whilst learning
• Comprehensive knowledge of safeguarding procedures
The Canterbury Academy creates ‘a wealth of opportunity’ and allows us to offer 'as much as possible, as often as possible, for as many as possible'. Our simple aim is to ‘improve the life chances of children and to help in the community’.
City View Nursery and Pre-School is looking to appoint a part time qualified teacher to take up the position of Nursery teacher to join our amazing team on a permanent basis from January 2023.
The position is for 22 hours per week ( 11 hours are contact and 11 hours non-contact with an element of flexibility), based primarily at our City View site.
The successful candidate will be:
• A hard working and creative teacher who has a working knowledge of the early years curriculum and assessment systems.
• A teacher who has high expectations of themselves and our children.
• A team player who can work with and support all members of our nursery community.
• A teacher with good communication skills who recognises the importance of partnerships with parents and carers.
In return, we offer the opportunity to learn and develop as a teacher in a positive, caring, welcoming and friendly environment with happy children who enjoy learning through play.
If you share our passion for ensuring every child matters, and believe in supporting their development in the Nursery setting, then we would very much like to hear from you.
Applications will be assessed in order of receipt and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received so please apply as soon as possible.
All appointments are subject to you obtaining a current enhanced disclosure and that the information revealed does not prevent or make you unsuitable to work with children as determined by the Executive Principal and/or Chair of Directors. A satisfactory DBS disclosure must be presented to the school before your employment can commence.
This job post has expired.