Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (1 term initially with the prospect of becoming permanent)
M1 - M6
As a Main Pay Range Teacher you are required to be competent in all elements of the Teacher Standards, to discharge the Teachers Responsibilities as set out in the Contractual Framework for Teachers of the School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and to act in accordance with the School and BDMAT’s ethos, policies and practices, under the direction of the Headteacher.
• Plan and teach lessons and sequences of lessons to the class(es) you are assigned to teach within the context of the School’s plans, curriculum and schemes of work in order to achieve target levels of pupil attainment, progress and outcomes.
• Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils.
• Set and mark work to be carried out by the pupil in school and elsewhere.
• Participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for external examinations.
Whole school organisation, strategy and development
• Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the School’s policies, practices and procedures in such a way as to support the School and BDMAT’s values and vision.
• Work with others on curriculum and/or pupil development to secure co-ordinated outcomes.
• Supervise and so far as practicable teach any pupils where the person timetabled to take the class is not available to do so. (You will only rarely be required to provide such cover in circumstances that are not foreseeable).
Health, safety and discipline
• Promote the safety and well-being of pupils in accordance with the School’s Child Protection and other relevant policies.
• Maintain good order and discipline among pupils in accordance with the School behaviour policy.
Management of staff and resources
• Direct and supervise support staff assigned to you and, where appropriate, other teachers.
• Contribute to the recruitment, selection, appointment and professional development of other teachers and support staff.
• Deploy resources delegated to you in accordance with School policies.
• Participate in arrangements for the appraisal and review of your own performance and, where appropriate, that of other teachers and support staff.
• Participate in arrangements for your own further training and professional development and, where appropriate, that of other teachers and support staff including induction.
• Communicate with pupils, parents and carers in accordance with the School ethos, policies and practice.
Working with colleagues and other relevant professionals
• Collaborate and work with colleagues and other relevant professionals within and beyond the School, including those within other BDMAT schools and the central team.
• Participating in administrative and organisational tasks, including the direction or supervision of persons providing support for the teachers in the School, which require the exercise of your professional skills and judgment.
Fulfil wider professional responsibilities
• Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the School.
• To read and follow the most recent version of Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE).
• To read and follow all the school’s Safeguarding policies and other relevant policies.
• To report/cooperate in all matters of safeguarding.
• To know who the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is for the school.
Specific details of the accountabilities (e.g. the allocated curriculum and/or pupil development accountability under paragraph 2.2 above) should be recorded below and reviewed annually by the appraiser.
Applying for the job
Application packs can be obtained by emailing our Office Manager, Miss Amber-Rose Willetts on: firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our school website https://www.quinton.bdmat.org.uk/
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
207 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Quinton Church Primary School
Quinton Church Primary School is a warm, friendly and successful one form entry school which is part of Birmingham Diocesan Multi-Academy Trust. The Local Academy Board would like to appoint two gifted, hardworking and enthusiastic teachers who are able to inspire and motivate the children to achieve their very best. You will be an excellent practitioner, have a passion for teaching and will be keen to learn and further enhance your teaching skills whilst also being confident to share your good practice, with those within this school and the schools within Birmingham Diocesan Multi-Academy Trust.
We are looking for:
• A person who loves teaching.
• Someone who is passionate to inspire our pupils and a commitment to achieving success with all our pupils.
• Ability to create a stimulating and inspirational environment both indoors and outdoors that engages and excites our pupils through worthwhile and purposeful activities.
• Achieve excellent pupil attainment and progress through motivation and inspiration.
• Support the Christian ethos of our school where everyone feels valued and respected and feels part of the team.
Quinton can offer:
• The opportunity to work with wonderful, well behaved and enthusiastic children.
• A successful, recent Ofsted inspection.
• A commitment to your support, well-being and further professional development.
• Support from dynamic, creative staff who are dedicated to achieving whole school improvement, who genuinely love teaching and who are also keen to learn from those around them.
• A supportive leadership team.
• A supportive MAT that has a commitment to the well-being and professional development of all staff.
• Opportunities to develop leadership skills and become a subject champion.
• Excellent links with our church and clergy.
Quinton Church Primary School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) enhanced disclosure certificate. Quinton Church Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. BDMAT is a Disability Confident employer.
Arranging a visit to Quinton Church Primary School
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Miss Amber-Rose Willetts to arrange a visit to the school on email@example.com or 0121 675 4422.