Teacher required from September 2020
TMS 1-6 with £500 ‘golden hello’
Contract: Permanent Full Time
We are looking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic teacher to join the teaching team at Schoolsworks Academy Trust. The successful candidate will need to be willing to work in any of our schools. Given that the school placement will be allocated later in the year, we are offering a £500 ‘golden hello’. Details of all our schools can be found on the Schoolsworks website.
Prospective candidates should have an excellent understanding of what makes high quality teaching and learning and be able to deliver well planned and engaging lessons. They will also be able to successfully employ a range of behaviour management strategies to ensure their classroom is a positive learning environment. In return, we can offer friendly and supportive schools and high quality professional development.
Further information about the Trust, a job description, application form and this advert are available to download from our website.
Interviews will be held at River Beach School in Littlehampton, which also hosts the Trust’s central office. Visits to any of our schools are warmly welcomed.
The Schoolsworks Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to successful DBS, health and qualifications checks and satisfactory references.
Please contact us if you would like to arrange a visit to any of our schools either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01903 278205
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 9th March 2020
Interview dates: Wednesday 18th March 2020
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree with PGCE or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Recent experience of teaching in either EYFS, KS 1 or KS2
• Knowledge & understanding of safeguarding requirements in schools
• Sound knowledge of the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 and 2
• Secure subject knowledge of English and Maths suitable for teaching across Primary range
• Have an excellent understanding of what makes high quality teaching and learning.
• Successful experience of managing behaviour of pupils
• Sound understanding of effective use of assessment & feedback in class
• Understanding of how to meet the needs of pupils with a range of prior attainment
• Be a positive role model for children and staff
• Collaborate effectively with staff, parents/ carers and children across our academy trust.
Please refer to the full person specification for this role.
We can offer:-
Wide ranging high quality professional development and career opportunities within our trust;
Well supported induction for both NQT’s and teachers new to the school;
Mentoring from outstanding colleagues and the opportunity to work alongside experienced practitioners.
My Rewards- our benefits and rewards employee portal.
About River Beach Primary School
- York Road, Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN17 6EW
- River Beach Primary School website (opens in a new window)