Suitable for NQTs
MPR/UPS £25714 - £41604
Fitzwaryn is recruiting!
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate teacher to join our team! The Governors of this Outstanding school wish to appoint a suitably qualified full-time teacher (although part time would be considered) who is:
- Passionate teacher with a drive to ensure our pupils receive the best possible education.
- Positive and creative, with a flexible approach.
- Forward-thinking, inspirational, and receptive to change.
- Able to work within a team and manage a small team of staff.
- Able to respond to challenging behaviour with sensitivity and resilience.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach within a forward thinking and supportive team
- A structured induction programme
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A supportive community and a committed team of staff that are equally determined to give students the best possible opportunities
- A strong commitment to staff well being
The school is based in modern, purpose built accommodation comprising of three buildings, including specialist rooms; a Sensory Room, Sensory Theatre, Sensory Gardens, Sensory Walkway, Jacuzzi, Horticulture area and newly developed playground areas.
Experience in a special school is desirable although not essential. Many members of our current teaching staff have come from a mainstream background, bringing immense experience to the school. We have also been successful in recruiting and supporting NQTs who chose to start their careers with us.
Fitzwaryn School and the Propeller Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that require applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All cases are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.
The Propeller Academy Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
Start Date 1st September 2021
Applications welcome from UPS, Mainscale and NQTs
Interview Date: Monday 21st June 2021
plus 1 SEN point
Academy, ages 3 to 19
111 pupils enrolled
3 to 19
About Fitzwaryn School
Fitzwaryn is a friendly and extremely successful school for 110 fantastic children and young people aged 3-19 years. Our pupils have a range of learning difficulties, including moderate and severe learning difficulties, PMLD and autism.
The school is part of The Propeller Academy Trust, a small two school SEN Trust. We received our fourth ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED in March 2019.
Arranging a visit to Fitzwaryn School
Visits to school welcome by arrangement