- Main pay range 3 to Main pay range 6, £29,664-£36,961
Class Teacher job summary
Required from 01/09/2022
Main Scale Points 3-6
Robert Shaw Primary & Nursery School is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development.
Robert Shaw Primary and Nursery School is a large, multi-cultural primary school, in Transform Trust, within Nottingham City. We are a two form entry Primary School with a 104 place Nursery.
We are an ambitious and aspirational multi-cultural school with the majority of our children speaking English as an additional language and many come from a diverse range of backgrounds. This brings with it a variety of challenges, including the rapid development of literacy and language skills in order to access the full curriculum. There are many benefits of having such a rich and diverse community, including the strong development of British Values in which all are valued and respected. In our recent Ofsted Inspection it was noted that the children felt “It doesn’t matter what colour your skin is, or what your beliefs are. What matters is your personality – who you are.
We are looking for inspirational teachers who are committed to creating a stimulating learning environment through excellent classroom practice.
• Be a consistently good / outstanding primary teacher
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference to every child.
• Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
• value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed, please call the school to arrange this.
How to apply
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
Any questions or queries should be directed to Mrs K Coker, Head Teacher at Robert Shaw Primary & Nursery School, Email: email@example.com
Telephone: 0115 9155765
Closing date for applications : Friday 24 June 2022 @ 12.30pm.
Interviews Monday 04 July 2022.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are strategic partners in Inspiring Leaders, Flying High Teaching School Hub, East Midlands Maths Hub and with Derby Research School.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Applied, Transform’s unique and high regarded CPD service www.transformapplied.co.uk
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply to for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.