Saxon Primary School, Shepperton, Surrey
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £25,542 to £37,483|
Saxon Primary School is a growing school with a diverse catchment and a wonderful team spirit. The whole school team is committed to ensuring a safe and happy environment where children love learning and thrive.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher who has a passion for creating life long learners, is committed to inclusion and equality and has high expectations of themselves and every child. Main duties and responsibilities of the job are included in the job description attached to this advertisement along with a person specification giving details of the skills, qualifications and experience required for these roles.
• A Good school with Outstanding leadership (Ofsted, June 2019)
• A cohesive school, where staff and governors are supportive
• A Growth-Mindset school, which has a mindful approach to learning
What we offer NQTs:
• Fully paid NQT induction programme commencing 1st July 2020
• One day non contact each week
• A friendly and approachable mentor
• A team of staff committed to supporting you
• Opportunities to attend training with other NQTs in local schools
What we offer experienced teachers:
• Accelerated career development for ambitious teachers, which can include gaining qualifications in middle and senior leadership
• Opportunities to lead school improvements
• A climate where your contributions are valued and positively received by all
We work collaboratively with other local schools in different ways and are constantly on the look-out for opportunities to enhance our provision. We are keen to know what new teachers could bring to support us with this!
Saxon is part of the Lumen Learning Trust. For more information about the school or the Lumen Learning Trust itself, please look at our website.
We warmly welcome any interested applicants to either come and look around our school and meet the headteacher, or call and speak to the headteacher to discuss any questions you may have. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
To apply please click on "get more information" which will take you to the Eteach website and then complete the application form. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Exemplary classroom practioner; teaching across the primary range.
|School size||377 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Saxon Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Saxon Primary School
Saxon Primary is a two-form intake. Children begin school in our Reception class (aged 4-5) and leave in Year 6 (aged 10-11). We are a friendly community school, small enough to ensure that everyone knows each other but big enough to be able to offer children a wide range of different opportunities. In June 2013, as a result of the strength of our provision and leadership, we were designated by the Department for Education as a sponsor school and in September 2013 accredited by the National College for Teaching & Leadership as a National Support School. These accreditations enable us to formally support other schools in our local area.
Briar Road, Shepperton, Surrey, TW17 0JB