Passionate about inspiring young people? Join us in inspiring the lively little learners at Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park as a Class Teacher.
Our dedicated team provides a supportive network both onsite as well as support across the Federation to ensure all our staff feel encouraged to do their best. You will be part of a community of dedicated, friendly staff standing by and upholding its mission in creating and maintaining a supportive and thriving learning environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
- Successful experience of teaching the primary curriculum
- Good understanding of current theory and best practice in teaching and learning, particularly as it relates to achieving high rates of progress of children of primary age
- Good subject knowledge of core National Curriculum
- Good understanding of child development and progression and how this impacts on planning
- Understanding of effective strategies for managing behaviour within the classroom and in accordance with the school's policy
- An understanding of equal opportunity issues and how they can be addressed in schools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Welcome to Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park where we are proud to celebrate the wide range of backgrounds, abilities, faiths and cultures within our school. Our success lies in our drive to ensure every pupil takes pride in their skills, abilities, and talents and uses these to help them attain the highest possible level of education.
We work together to ensure that our children have a bright, safe, secure and happy place to learn. We celebrate their achievements and encourage mutual respect for one another. We feel that by working together with our children, parents, carers, staff, governors and the wider community we can encourage our pupils to show respect, take responsibility and show resilience as they grow with us.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level.In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includesour Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS,a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for staff who work across the full year, and many other benefits. Learn more aboutour benefitson our website.
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We welcome applications from practitioners who will:
- Have regard to the curriculum for the school, and with a view to promoting the development of the abilities and aptitudes of the pupils in any class or group assigned
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons
- Teach, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to you
- Set and mark work to be carried out by the pupil in the Academy and elsewhere
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
- Be committed to on-going professional development
- Contribute to the wider life of the academy
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of a team
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.