- KS1, KS2
- View all Full timejobs
- Alderman Payne Primary School
Job Description for Literacy Subject Lead (TLR2)
Post: Literacy subject lead and class teacher
Permanent, full time
School: Alderman Payne Primary School
Responsible to: Head Teacher
Salary: Mainscale teacher (M1 – 6 plus TLR 2) (£25,714 - £36, 961 plus £2,873)
This job description should be read in conjunction with the current School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and the provisions of that document will apply to the post holder.
The performance of all the duties and responsibilities shown below will be under the reasonable direction of the Headteacher; and the Headteacher, or other Senior Manager if appropriate, will be mindful of his/her duty to ensure that the employee has a reasonable workload and sufficient support to carry out the duties of the post.
This job description will be reviewed at least annually and any changes will be subject to consultation.
This teaching and learning responsibility payment (TLR2) is awarded to a classroom teacher for undertaking additional responsibility in ensuring the continued delivery of high-quality teaching and learning.
The TLR2 post is focused on raising the standards of teaching and learning in literacy; it requires the teacher to lead, manage and develop the quality of teaching and learning and developments in the literacy curriculum. It is a requirement the post has an impact on the educational progress of all pupils including those with SEN. In addition to this, the post involves leading, developing and enhancing the teaching practice of other staff.
You will be expected to carry out the professional duties of a teacher as outlined in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document currently in operation, or any subsequent legislation.
Teach pupils in the Year 1 and 2 mixed age class.
1. To teach a class of primary pupils in all areas of the National Curriculum as directed by the Headteacher.
2. To work from the Leadership Team’s direction to effectively promote a high standard of achievement in all areas of the curriculum.
3. To participate in the schools reporting and recording systems and to implement new systems under direction when necessary.
4. Contribute to the school’s pastoral curriculum as part of a class teacher’s duties within the agreed behavioural management policy.
5. Contribute to the development of a sound school ethos by example and through a team approach.
6. To liaise with the Leadership team on all areas of the National Curriculum, school policies and school and staff development plans.
7. To liaise with parents and outside agencies as required, promoting a positive ethos which supports pupils.
8. To contribute to the school’s equal opportunities policy by word deed and action.
9. Participate in the Performance Management Scheme as directed by the Headteacher.
10. To maintain honest and professional conduct at all times.
Take appropriate responsibility for one’s own health, safety and welfare and the health and safety of pupils, visitors and work colleagues in accordance with the requirements of legislation and locally-adopted policies; including taking responsibility for raising concerns with an appropriate manager.
- Scale M1-M6
Class Teacher job summary
School Name Alderman Payne Primary School
Address 9, Main Road,
PostCode PE13 4JA
Telephone 01945 700 275
Fax 01945 701 401
No. on Roll 102
Head teacher Sue Blyth
Post Title Class teacher (permanent)
Post Grade (M1 - M6) plus TLR2
A small school with big ambitions!
Alderman Payne Primary School is a vibrant school community in the heart of the Fens. We are looking for a teacher for our mixed Year One and Two Class to start in September or as soon as possible after that. We want someone who can lead literacy across the school and are offering a TLR2 to support this whole school development.
Ideally, you would:
* Be a good or outstanding experienced teacher.
* Have high expectations of teaching and learning.
*Have high expectations of pupil behaviour, achievement and a commitment to all pupils.
*Carry out careful planning, assessment and record keeping procedures.
*Have the ability to work as an effective team member.
*Be able to lead and support staff to achieve better outcomes for children in Literacy (particularly in writing).
We want a brilliant teacher who is enthusiastic and motivated. Someone who can enthuse children and staff in literacy so children can become motivated writers. We can offer you:
* Children who are keen to learn and have good behaviour
* Parents and governors who are eager to be involved in the life of the school
* Staff who are supportive and fully committed to making a difference
* Fully supported CPD opportunities
* A “good” school (2012 and 2017)
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. For more details and an application pack, please contact the School Office;
phone 01945 700 275 (term time)
Alderman Payne Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all staff and volunteers to demonstrate this commitment. The posts are subject to enhanced CRB checks.
Closing Date Noon on Wednesday 29th June 2022
Interviews Week beginning Monday 04th July 2022
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.