- MPS/UPS + TLR 2a (£2,930)
Class Teacher and Phase Leader job summary
Permanent fulltime position: September 2022 start
Are you an experienced, passionate class teacher with more to offer? Are you able to inspire and lead others around you? Are you looking for opportunities to develop your leadership potential?
Gatton Primary School is an outstanding three-form entry school, in a rich, culturally diverse community in the heart of South London. The school is a modern building with spacious classrooms, a dedicated sports hall and a swimming pool. We are a friendly, hardworking and welcoming Muslim faith school where working relationships are a strength. Our children are well mannered, inquisitive with a real love for learning.
Due to our recent restructure, Gatton Primary School is in the unique position to offer four phase leader roles EYFS/Y1, Y2 (Balham site), Y3/4, and Y5/6 to the right candidates. This additional responsibility to a class teacher role.
We are seeking to appoint both skilled and talented phase leaders who share our intent to deliver an active, enriching, challenging and engaging curriculum.
We are looking for phase leaders who:
• Are passionate and inspiring
• Have a proven track record of excellent teaching
• Are creative and dynamic in their approach to teaching and learning
• Are enthusiastic, resourceful and committed to ensuring the highest possible standards of achievement and personal development
• Have excellent knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework
• Are committed to an inclusive education and raising standards for all children
• Can lead a team of teachers and TAs ensuring the smooth running of a phase
• Takes responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children
• Support the Muslim ethos of Gatton school through their personal conduct and professionalism
We can offer:
• A dedicated, strong and supportive staff team
• A highly effective, supportive leadership team and governing body
• Fantastic, enthusiastic and eager children who are ready and willing to learn from Reception – Year 6
• Generous PPA time
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Specialist PE and Music teaching
• TAs and LSAs to support children’s learning
If you feel you have the experience and skills to apply for this role, we highly recommend that you contact the school office and make an appointment to visit the school. We would love to show you around.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively, these can be found from the school website: www.gatton.wandsworth.sch.uk/vacancies.
For further information please contact Ms Shazia Nabi on 020 8682 5570 or by email email@example.com.
Closing Date: 16th May 2022 (at noon)
Interviews/Task: week commencing 16th May 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Gatton Primary School
(Voluntary-Aided Muslim Faith School)
13e Broadwater Road, Tooting
London, SW17 0DS
Tel: 020 8682 5570
Fax: 020 8682 5576
Head teacher: Mr Majid Ishaque
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.