Class Teacher Autism (DSP)
1. To carry out the duties of a teacher as set out in the current Schoolteachers’ Pay and Conditions document
2. To work within the ethos and policies of the school and to share responsibility for the learning and physical environment of the whole school
3. To participate fully in school meetings, training and Performance Management both as a job holder and DSP Teacher
4. Under the direction of the Governors and the Head, to be responsible for the development, implementation, review and evaluation of the school’s policy for pupils on the Autism Spectrum (AS)
5. To be responsible for building the capacity and confidence of mainstream staff to include ASD pupils successfully through effective communication with staff and a repertoire of strategies including modelling exemplary practice, providing advice and staff training
6. To be proactive in developing and maintaining good liaison with parents and carers and all relevant external agencies and network groups
7. To work with other relevant staff to ensure compliance with statutory SEN regulations and DDA legislation
Essential educational requirements
Further relevant SEN or AS qualification(s). Post graduate qualification in Autism or Advanced Diploma in SEN or other SEN qualifications.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Safeguarding procedures (see also Training below)
Experience of planning the teaching and learning of a range of pupils on the Autism spectrum in either a mainstream or special school.
Knowledge and experience of specific strategies to support ASD pupils such as TEACCH and PECS
Knowledge of current DDA and SEN legislation.
Knowledge of key current education guidance including aspects of confidentiality
We can offer you: -
• A genuinely committed team who are passionate about the children they work with.
• An effective induction programme.
• An environment which promotes positive mental health and wellbeing.
• Personalised professional development.
About Carrwood Primary School
Carrwood Primary School is an oasis in the heart of our community and is a place where we nurture, care for, support and inspire our children to be the very best that they can be. In our successful monitoring visit in July 2018, Ofsted stated that our school ‘is driven by a strong sense of moral purpose and an absolute conviction that our pupils, and our communities from which they come, deserve and must have the best.’
- Eversley Drive, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD4 0EQ
- LA Maintained School
- Carrwood Primary School website (opens in a new window)