- KS1, KS2
- MPS 1 - 6
Class Teacher job summary
We are currently recruiting for a KS1 Teacher and KS2 Teacher.
Avanti Meadows Primary School opened in September 2021 and as we continue to grow, we are delighted to open 2 further classes next academic year.
Our children take great pride in their new school and every member of the school community works hard to provide high-quality education, pastoral care and support for every child and every family.
We set the highest expectations from the outset to ensure that we provide creative learning experiences, which inspire and challenge our pupils to achieve the very best in all aspects of their learning.
As the first school within the Avanti all-through learning village in Bishop’s Stortford, we will be working closely with our sister school Avanti Brook once it opens in September 2023. Resulting in many opportunities for collaboration and career development for the right candidate.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class(es) ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- In the spirit of the ethos of the Avanti Schools Trust, treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/families, governors, other staff, the Avanti Schools Trust and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
- Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
- Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of pupils’ you teach
- Be aware of pupils’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
- Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
- Teacher’s pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- We know our children incredibly well which means we can meet the needs of every one of them. We do this by building strong relationships with children and their families.
- We are a Rights Respecting School and have a strong focus on personal development through the Avanti Way, focus and festival days, Eco Schools, school parliament and student leadership.
- A very supportive staff team with relationships built on respect and kindness.
- Beautiful open grounds with wonderful outdoor areas
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Avanti Meadows Primary School
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- Up to 656 pupils
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Avanti Meadows is the first of three brand-new schools planned for the new all-through Learning Village in Bishop’s Stortford North. The school will be a 3-form entry primary school. Avanti Meadows Primary School will provide parents and pupils with the highest standards of education and pastoral care.
The site for Avanti Meadows will be a brand-new building and the facilities will be bespoke, contemporary and first-class, which will make for a unique learning experience. We are working in partnership with Hertfordshire County Council to ensure that careful planning and preparation is in place to make Avanti Meadows a first-choice school for the children of Bishop’s Stortford North.
Arranging a visit to Avanti Meadows Primary School
Please email email@example.com to arrange a visit.