Due to the continuing rapid growth of our school the Headteacher, leadership team and Governors of this good school (Ofsted March 2013) wish to appoint a creative, inspirational and dedicated class teacher.
This post is suitable for any outstanding NQT’s and experienced teachers. Chapelford Village Primary School is a rapidly expanding school in a developing urban community and is popular with parents. The school prides itself on supporting teachers in the early stages of their career and offers comprehensive support, guidance and specialist support. The school has recently converted to academy status and is now proud to be part of the OMEGA Multi Academy Trust.
We are looking for someone who will have:
- The ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the curriculum, assessment and the needs of young learners within primary.
- Drive, ambition and high expectations with a commitment to facilitate excellent conditions for learning and exhibit high expectations
- A proven record as an outstanding classroom practitioner and be passionate about education and raising standards across the school
- Resilience to deal with the increasing developments in the exciting role of the classroom practitioner
- Play a vital role in securing improvements in teaching and subject leadership across the primary phase and can demonstrate the ability to enhance our strong teaching team and curriculum
- A desire to be creative and positive whilst retaining a key drive on basic skills development
- The ability to embrace change, reflect and strive for improvement in own professional practice
- The ability to demonstrate a secure understanding of the assessment of and for children’s learning
- Is flexible and willing to take part in the wider life of the school
- Have excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills; experience in establishing and maintaining professional relationships.
Essential educational requirements
• Have qualified teacher status
Proven suitability to work with children and young people
An enhanced DBS disclosure (completed on appointment)
Essential skills and experience
Have detailed knowledge of the relevant aspects of the National Curriculum, Revised Primary Strategy and other relevant documents. Be able to cope securely with subject-related questions which pupils raise and know about pupils’ common misconceptions and mistakes. Understand the importance and relevance of personalised learning and thinking skills. Be able to identify clear learning objectives, content, lesson structures and sequences according to the subject matter and the pupils being taught. Be able to set clear targets for pupils’ learning, building on prior attainment. Be able to ensure effective teaching of whole class, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met. Be able to assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use this assessment for future teaching on a daily basis. Provide effective academic guidance and monitor pupils’ class and home learning providing constructive oral and written feedback, setting individual targets for pupils’ progress.
- An ambitious and caring school community that will invest and nurture the successful candidate
- A state of the art school with excellent facilities and conditions for learning
- A caring school ethos where effective relationships are valued
- A good level of Teaching Assistant support
- Motivated and well behaved children who are keen to learn
- A Governing Body that takes full consideration for work life balance
- Weekly and dedicated PPA time
- Half termly dedicated planning time with specialist support within the school day
- Specialist in house support from a range educational specialists to develop subject knowledge, pedagogy and classroom practice
- A dedicated team of teaching staff, with a broad range of experience to support and nurture
- An exciting challenge to contribute to enhancing our whole school on the drive to becoming exceptional
About Chapelford Village Primary School
- Santa Rosa Boulevard, Warrington, Cheshire, WA5 3AL
- Chapelford Village Primary School website (opens in a new window)