City Academy Whitehawk, Brighton, East Sussex
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
City Academy Whitehawk is a “Good” school with an “Outstanding” Early Years. We are looking for a highly effective teacher for September 2020, with the resilience and passion to enhance our diverse, dedicated team.
In return for your commitment, passion and resilience we offer:
• Respectful, polite and engaged children who greatly value their school and learning.
• A proven record of exceptional welfare and pastoral support.
• Excellent training and CPD to develop your skills and career.
• A spacious, well equipped and resourced learning environment.
• Energetic, skilled and supportive colleagues.
• A skilled and committed SLT who are devoted to improving outcomes for all children and all staff.
• A culture of support through our established and effective sponsor – Aurora Academies Trust.
Teachers from all points of the main pay scale (including NQTs) are welcome to apply as we will provide training, mentoring and coaching to meet your career aspirations. Key Stage and Year Group preferences can be discussed upon selection for interview.
Essential educational requirements
Education to degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Experience of teaching in primary education
Essential skills and experience
• Commitment to professional learning
• Commitment to, and constructive evaluation of, the school’s agreed teaching and learning principles
• Understanding of the National Curriculum’s content
• Ability to motivate children to achieve their best
• Commitment to the education of the whole child
• Ability to sustain an engaged, purposeful learning atmosphere
• Ability to create an attractive and stimulating classroom environment
• Commitment to communicating effectively within and between teams
• Ability to work collaboratively and supportively with colleagues
• Ability to be flexible and demonstrate initiative
• Evidence of effective subject leadership (desirable)
• Evidence of effectively developing ‘best practice’ in others (desirable)
• To be able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Equalities and to be able to carry out duties in accordance with the Trust’s Equalities Policy.
We are able to offer you excellent CPD for subject teaching and career development.
We offer a full CPD support package for NQTs.
|School size||370 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||2 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||City Academy Whitehawk website (opens in a new window)|
Whitehawk Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 5FL