Class Teacher (covering maternity leave)
St Jude's Catholic Primary School Wigan, Wigan, Lancashire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
The Governors of St Jude’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed teacher to join our rapidly improving school.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of pupil achievement.
• Have a good knowledge of an engaging KS2 curriculum.
• Create a happy, challenging, stimulating and effective learning environment utilising strong behaviour management skills.
• Maintain high standards of teaching and learning at all times.
• Be prepared to contribute to and support the Catholic aims and ethos of the school, “Together, we learn, love and grow with Jesus”
Previous experience of teaching a Year 6 class and guiding children through their KS2 SATS will be a distinct advantage.
In return, St Jude’s will offer:
• A warm, caring school with supportive colleagues and governors.
• A welcoming atmosphere where each individual is valued.
• Opportunity for professional development.
The exact date for the commencement of the role is yet to be confirmed but is expected to be mid-January including a handover period with the current Y6 teacher.
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate Degree and Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Experience of successful teaching is essential. Previous experience of teaching Year 6 would be advantageous, but is not essential.
|School type||LA Maintained School, Roman Catholic|
|School size||203 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||5 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||St Jude's Catholic Primary School Wigan website (opens in a new window)|
Worsley Mesnes Drive, Wigan, Lancashire, WN3 5AN