Class Teacher - Early Years
Birklands Primary School, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Job Description - Classroom Teacher, initially with Reception children
Reports to: Head of School and Leadership Team
Key purpose of the job
To teach pupils in allocated classes in order to ensure that their learning is of the highest quality.
Responsibilities of a classroom teacher
• Teach pupils within allocated class, enhancing their learning and providing the opportunity for achievement for all pupils
• Planning and preparing tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest during lessons
• Monitor the progress of pupils and implement appropriate strategies to address underachievement
• Assess, record and report on the progress and attainment of pupils
• Register the attendance of pupils in class
• Give pupils appropriate and constructive feedback
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with parent/carers
• Research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials
• Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, appropriately applying effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
• Communicate with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participate in school meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
• Undergo regular observations and participate in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continued professional development (CPD)
• Undertake critical self-evaluation and participate in CPD designed to enhance the quality of teaching or other working practices.
All members of staff are required to participate fully in the school’s performance management system.
Other professional requirements
• Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities
• Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school
• Establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct
• Contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school.
Essential educational requirements
Honours degree, Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Classroom teaching experience in a mainstream setting with Key Stage 2 pupils is desirable.
Westfield Health, Pension and CPD
|School size||241 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Birklands Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
Appleton Street, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG20 0QF